Build Data Table error with Google.Apis.Drive.v3.Data.File type

I get a “Column requires a valid DataType” exception from my Build Data Table activity when I run my flow with data type set to Google.Apis.Drive.v3.Data.File even when I pick it from the .Net browsing window. Only happens upon running the flow, there’s no error icon in the activity.
It started after upgrading to StudioX 2022.10.5. I have reinstalled the Google Workspace v2.0.1 package.

Any idea how to find out what is wrong?

NB. I think this File data type changed from Google.Apis.Drive.v3.File to Google.Apis.Drive.v3.Data.File but I no longer see the prior object at the old level.

@Jes_Hunsballe

Can you try changing the system activties and try again or delete the system package from .nuget folder and reopen the project…You can repeat the same for google workspace as well…As I see I do not get any error while assigning it

cheers

HI @Jes_Hunsballe
Check your UiPath.System.Activities version. I had the same error with a DataTable containing another DataTable as a column. Basic datatypeas as string and int were no problem, but a DataTable threw the error. I updated UiPath.System.Activities to 20.10.4 (from 19 something) and it worked after that. Also tried with 21.10.4 and that works as well.

Regards
Mohini
Happy Automation…!!!:slight_smile:

Hi Anil,
Thanks for reaching out. Glad to see this may be something local and not a bug!
I tried removing and reinstalling various versions of the GSuite/Google Workspace package but it did not help.
Where do I find the .nuget folder?

@Jes_Hunsballe

Try changing the system package as well.Datatable activity will be in the system package

this is the location C:\Users\Username\.nuget

Removing or uninstalling from manage packages will not remove downlaoded package so we have to delete form .nuget to get fresh copy

Hope this helps

cheers

Hi Anil,

I found the package folder at C:\Users<me>.nuget, deleted the GSuite package folder, uninstalled it from the project, reopened and deleted and added the activity.
It still gives the same error and I have no clue how to trace it as the error message does not help me much…

System.ArgumentException: Column requires a valid DataType. at System.Data.DataColumn.set_DataType(Type value)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.SetProperties(Object instance, XmlAttribute attrs)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.HandleElementColumn(XmlSchemaElement elem, DataTable table, Boolean isBase)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.HandleParticle(XmlSchemaParticle pt, DataTable table, ArrayList tableChildren, Boolean isBase)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.HandleComplexType(XmlSchemaComplexType ct, DataTable table, ArrayList tableChildren, Boolean isNillable)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.InstantiateTable(XmlSchemaElement node, XmlSchemaComplexType typeNode, Boolean isRef)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.HandleTable(XmlSchemaElement node)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.HandleDataSet(XmlSchemaElement node, Boolean isNewDataSet)
at System.Data.XSDSchema.LoadSchema(XmlSchemaSet schemaSet, DataSet ds)
at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXSDSchema(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
at System.Data.DataTable.ReadXmlSchema(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
at System.Data.DataTable.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
at System.Data.DataTable.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.BuildDataTable.ReadDataTableFromXML(String text, DataTable dt)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.BuildDataTable.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

@Jes_Hunsballe

Can you do the same with system package as well…UiPath.system.activities

If the current version is still throwing error then change the system package version

cheers

Hi Mohini,

Thanks a lot for reaching out with suggestions.
I’ve just updated to UiPath Studio 2022.10.5 and created a new project to test the error in isolation.
The UiPath.System.Activities is v22.10.4 and the error persists. I’ve tried deleting the activity and placing it again but to no avail. I can’t read from the error message where to go and look for the underlying problem.

Hi Anil,
I tried removing the UiPath.system.activities .nuget folder as well, reload project, replace activity and all. It’s still the same issue. Can some other program installation have messed with things? I did install Davinci Resolve around the same time as I upgraded to UiPath 2022.10.5.

@Jes_Hunsballe

Try changing the version of system package…external isntallation would not effect

Can you try in a different project may be these files are also corrupted

cheers

@Anil_G, I did that already and the issue is the same.
Interestingly, when I do a Create List and use Google.Apis.Drive.v3.Data.File as data type, there’s no problem.

Create List is a basic activity whereas Build Data Table is from the Developers section. Maybe it’s no longer compatible under StudioX or ??

@Jes_Hunsballe

No Issue on StudioX

cheers

There’s no warning until I run it. Build Data Table accepts the data type but it returns an exception when running it. Can you run it without the exception?

@Jes_Hunsballe

Yes now i see it…when running it does throw an exception…

Cheers

@Jes_Hunsballe

So for some reason it is not working in build datatble

but I tried using add data column and it did work.So as a workaround you can use the same

Hope this clears the issue you have currently

cheers

1 Like

Phew, I am actually happy to hear it’s reproducible and may be a bug. I posted it here as a bug but how will we know if it will be worked on by UiPath?

And THANKS for finding a workaround. I was under pressure to get a flow running again and this should do the trick for now.

2 Likes

@Jes_Hunsballe

That depends on UiPath…And how many votes that this receive…but for now you can work with this work around of using add data Column

cheers

Thanks for the report, we will see how this can be fixed. I pushed the issue to our internal issue tracker.

In the meantime, I’m glad there is a workaround.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.