Running problem due to resolution

I try to run the test on two different computers, on one everything runs fine and on the second one with a smaller resolution (1200*800) I don’t succeed and get errors.
Is there a way in settings or properties to fix this problem so that when I want to run through the computer with the low resolution I won’t get the errors?

HI @mironb

If you use ui interaction activities like click ,type into etc , you can enable simulate click and try again once

Regards
Sudharsan

I have tried that way with no success - The “type Into” types the string in other place where it shouldn’t be and I don’t want to “Play” again with the selectors because in the high resolution PC its work fine.

1 Like

Hi,

You can set the resolution in the robot settings in the orchestrator inorder to get constant resolution between two computers.

Set the resolution for the second machine as same as first machine and it should work without issues

Were is the settings to change the resolutions in the orchestrator ?

Hi ,

It is in robot settings

you have to update the resolution in resolution settings

OK - and there is no local solution in the studio for each situation (beside changing the selectors) ?

The other option is to enable simulate / send windows message.

HI @mironb

If you are running in the unattended mode check this once in the machine with a small resolution

Regards
Sudharsan

@mironb
I assume you are talking about unattended bot.

There are two options, one in orchestrator you need to change the resolution and second in the bot machine you need to change.

If it’s working in one machine and not in another means its machine level resolution only.

simulate doesn’t work.
What is send windows messages

Hi,

It also works in the background

Doesn’t work also - Thank you anyway

1 Like

Approach #1: Adjust Robot Settings

Robot settings in Orchestrator (enable “LoginToConsole” and set the option to “No”):

After setting this, disconnect your robot from UiPath Assistant and then reconnect it again.

Notes:

LoginToConsole parameter enables the Robot to connect to the session of the machine where it is installed. Additionally, it indicates if you can connect multiple Robots to Orchestrator using multiple users (High-Density Robots) or not. By default, the value is true. To enable you to High-Density Robots, set the value to false

If LoginToConsole is true, the resolution is limited by the graphical card of the robot machine (which might be as low as 800x600 in some cloud environments), otherwise, the resolution for a simulated RDP connection is restricted by RAM (which would generally be more permissive).

• When automation is run in Attended mode (i.e. with a human user is logged in and watch the Robot) it works. But when it is run in Unattended mode, it fails.

Approach #2: Adjust UiPath.Settings File

Note that local system and administrator rights are required to modify these settings. Also, any settings defined in Approach 1 will override settings in Approach 2.

The UiPath.Settings file is stored in the %localappdata%\UiPath\ folder when the Robot is deployed in user mode, and %programdata%\UiPath\ when the Robot is deployed in service mode.

Login to the Robot machine.

1. Open UiPath.settings
  2. User Mode
    %LocalAppData%\UiPath\UiPath.settings
  3. Service Mode
    %ProgramData%\UiPath\UiPath.settings
  4. Note the Resolution Width and Height written to the log and update:
  5. ResolutionWidth
  6. ResolutionHeight to the values written in the execution log.
  7. Also update LoginToConsole to false (lowercase f)
  8. Restart the Service (Run → services.msc → UiPath Robot → Restart)

Note:

• Make sure to logoff / Sign off from the Robot machine rather than disconnecting.
1 Like