PDF fields not recognizing

In pdf automation i’m using foxit reader to automate pdf file.In that process bot is not able to select input field from pdf.It selecting whole page insted of specific field. I’m not understands why this happens? anyone help me to fix this?

@Anil_G @Rahul_Unnikrishnan

@pravin_bindage

Is that a form pdf?

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to acheive

Cheers

Yes its a form pdf
The pdf contains a date field i wants enter a date in that field but bot is not able to identify that date field

@pravin_bindage

Try using active accessibility mode

Cheers

Both UIA & AA tried still same issue

@pravin_bindage

Are you trying on citrix?

If so then can you add to shared drive and modify the pdf from
The mail rdp machine

Cheers

no not using citrix its virtual machine

@pravin_bindage

Click on accesibility settings in the application and try modifying them…Not sure what options are available…please show if you are unable to find…if you have options like allow to read documents then check that option

cheers

Same code works in local machine but not works in virtual machine

@Yoichi @lakshman Do you have any idea?

@pravin_bindage

There might be some settings different in both…check them

Cheers

I checked each & every setting nothing difference in them. i think issue is with UiPath spying functionality. Instead of selecting single element it selects whole window

did you used the same pdf viewer in the local machine as well?
Try to open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat and then try to spy.

yes i used same pdf viewer

@pravin_bindage

Can you try spying on the machine its working and run on vm to check if that is working…

Ideally there should be some difference in settings

Cheers

I fixed that issue today.It was a UIAutomation latest package issue.I tried previous version of package & now its working

1 Like

Thanks for your response

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.