How to remove special character from excel column

I have excel column with column name Candidate name which having value of candidate name but some candidate name come with special charcter how can i romove it

System.text.regularexpression.Regex.Replace(yourString, “[^A-Za-z0-9-/]”, “”)

Hi UiPath Users ,

Please refer below code
You could remove a specific word like this:
Strings.Repalce(MyWord, MyWordToRemove,“”)

Click to solution if it helps you , let others take advantage

i wanted to remove from clolumn

Replace inputstring in the code with currentrow(“columnname”).tostring

System.text.Regularexpressions.Regex.Replace(yourString, “[^A-Za-z0-9-/]”, “”).Add s in regular expression

Please refer this question from forum u will get your ans

link :
How can i Move the Regex data into Excel file plz?

what?what have add i did not get you

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace((currentrow(“columnname”).tostring), “[^A-Za-z0-9-/]”, “”)

1 Like

Hi , USe regex expression in one variable and see above question how to pass regex value in excel ,…

doing same till getting issue

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace((currentrow(“columnname”).tostring), “[^A-Za-z0-9-/]”, “”)
Copy and paste it ,show me the error

@Sandhya_Gajare , In this below screenshot where ever you have the double quotes right, please remove it and re-add the double quotes.

I saw that you are reading data from excel file and using for each row. I have create one xaml file with the matches(Regular Expression). Please place in for loop as it is . It will works as you expected.
Please attached the file as attached. Let me know is it works or not?
Test.xaml (8.3 KB)

So if your column name is “Candidate”, and let’s say your excel file is assigned to a variable “File”:
File(“Candidate”).Replace(“listofspecialchars,”")

Remember, you can always toggle a breakpoint in debug mode, go to the Immediate tab, and play around with adjusting the input. prefix with ? to search (as in ?File(“Candidate”) should bring up the candidate name)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.