Background Process - Access Denied To Path

Hi Everyone,

I have a process which needs to work in background. When the process is not background, it works correctly. But when the process is background, process gets error and cannot access the file path.

The interesting part is when i run the background process with UiPath Assistant, it works too.

So my problem is, normal process and background process with UiPath Assistant works, but background process which triggers from Orchestrator cannot works. (Cannot access the path)

Maybe screenshot will help.

First row is background and triggered by Assistant. Second row is background and triggered by Orchestrator. Third row is normal process and triggered by Orchestrator.

yoluna eriĹźim reddedildi equals to Access to path is denied.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @omer.ozturk

Is that location a user specific location or need admin right?

as background process generally starts in session 0 that means in a different session so if file is open or locked or needs admin rights to access that location then there is a possibility you see this error.

Can you check on that?

cheers

Hi @Anil_G,

Thanks for the response, is the Orchestrator Robot account need to be admin or the Windows account need to be admin?

PS: The windows user of robot and the Orchestrator user of robot is administrator. I can manually access the file path with this user and in the same machine.

Regards
Ă–mer

@omer.ozturk

Check this out

and see if this works to run in admin mode

If the windows

cheers

@Anil_G,

I checked the topic thanks, but the user is admin and has all privilages.

When i start the process from orchestrator, first the HOST IDENTITY is RPAROBOT. But after a few seconds HOST IDENTITY changes to NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE and the process fails.

I made the environment variable UIPATH_HEADLESS_WITH_USER to true but still getting error.

Starts like first row then immediately turns to second row.

These services are user based, is it be the problem?

Regards
Ă–mer

Hi @omer.ozturk

In the latest upgrades yes the username with change that is expected behaviour

Is this what you have tried because this is the resolution provided as well

May I know is the path the bot is trying to access is a user specific folder? If so can we move the location to some generic one like c:\bots or some place which is not specific to the user

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G,

Yes i made this job in that topic.

I tried to reach a shared network connection like \\ABCDEFG-ORC\RPA_Folder.

Regards
Ă–mer

Hi @omer.ozturk

Just to confirm can you try accessing any local folder to check if the issue is with shared folder access to the nt auth\local service user

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G,

Thanks for the suggestion, i am trying.

Regards
Ă–mer

1 Like

@Anil_G,

I can access the C:\Test Folder.

But I can’t access any user’s folder or any network location.

Regards
Ă–mer

Hi @omer.ozturk

As Expected good that at least access to some folder is there so we know its working

User locations is expected because generally when you login to your computer and try to open any other user folders you get a prompt . SO may be once you have to login and handle the prompt for user folders to be accessed. But I dont think we can login as NT Auth user

But for granting access to folders/shared folders you can try this

If that does not work then you need to use either a sharepoint or file transfer to access the files/share the file

cheers

1 Like

Hi @Anil_G,

Giving full control to the machine name with $, or giving full control to Local Service is not enough i guess.

All these users have ful control but still same error. :frowning:

Hello @omer.ozturk

Can you try using “Use Foreground” activity and make the folder accessing step a forground process and check it once.

Thanks

Hi @omer.ozturk

As @Rahul_Unnikrishnan suggested make it a fore ground process so it uses domain account and your issue will be resolved

Else use a SP or file share to get or set the files

So even I found that it might not be enough to provide access

cheers

Hi @Rahul_Unnikrishnan,

When I make this process foreground, it can access the folder.

But in Background, process cannot access the folder.

Regards
Ă–mer

Hi @Anil_G,

Thanks for the suggestion, process can runs successfully when it is a foreground process.

But i need this process as a background process. I guess i need to contact with technical support or etc.

Thanks for the all help.

Regards
Ă–mer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.