How to proceed further if there are 3 possible result for one action?

Hi People,

I have an use case to automate a download document from a website.

Go go the website, fill in the login credentials. As soon as i hit login, there are 3 possible result for this action:

1. Successful login
  2. Password expired
  3. Password error

Based on the result, i have to perform different actions.

Successful login - Proceed with the download action.
Password Expired - Send email to the relevant team to reset the password.
Password error - Send email to Support team to coordinate with relevant team and let RPA team know the correct password.

Kindly suggest how to proceed forward with this use case.

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS

You can use element exists activity

• Use element exist and indicate on dashboard menu and set the timeout property to 3000 and store in a variable (BoolStatus) which will be a Boolean datatype.
  • use if activity and give the variable as condition
    • True → continue with download step
    • false → Use element exist and indicate on password expired error and set the timeout property to 3000 and store in a variable (BoolStatus) which will be a Boolean datatype.
        • True → continue with Send email to the relevant team to reset the password.
        • false → Use element exist and indicate on password wrong error and set the timeout property to 3000 and store in a variable (BoolStatus) which will be a Boolean datatype.
    • True → continue Send email to Support team to coordinate with relevant team and let RPA team know the correct password.

Regards
Sudharsan

@Karthikeyan_CS
use pick + pick branch activity

in each pick branch activity use element exist as the trigger
Example:
2nd and 3rd pickbranch activities are for exceptions (password wrong and expire)
which is why im throwing a business exception

1 Like

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS

Use parallel activity which will execute only for maximum of the max timwout that you give …that way you will save time…use 3 element exists in parallel and give your selectors use 3 outputs for boolean values then in parallel condition give or for 3 booleans…below use a if condition with each boolean and you are done

Cheers

1 Like