Could not start executor. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. (0x80070775)

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem while running the process from Orchestrator. After my job failed when I tried to run it again I got below error.

“Could not start executor. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. (0x80070775)”

Then after 2-3 hours when ai tried again it ran one time and then again stopped working and giving the same error as above.

Any idea why am I getting this error? Is my bot not able to completely sign out of session when ending the process?

I am using latest version of enterprise cloud Orchestrator and windows machine as a robot machine.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi @jrp

Please check you credentials on your orchestrator as well and when you see this try logging in manually and see if you are seeing the same message. If so then it might be due to cred issue and too many login tries with no success.

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G

Thank you for your response.

I have checked that the credentials are correct. And, as I mentioned in my question, it works sometimes and then stops working after that. May be not able to log out of machine at the end of the process. What could be the problem for bot to not be able to sign out properly?

Thank you!

Hi @jrp

When you manually login try sign out instead of disconnect if its the VM that you are using. That might leave your bot as well without logout.

Please give more contest like its getting locked when the bot fails only? Or even in success scenarios and is it recurring?

If you login manually is the issue getting resolved or still persisting?

And is the os win10 . Because on it we observed similar behaviour

Please check you event logs from event log viewer on your system and see if there is any un unsual error

Cheers

Hi @Anil_G

Yes, it is a windows 10 machine and not VM.

I am not manually able to login as I don’t have access to the credentials. As fas as I can see, It is happening for both failed and successful scenarios.

After some time when I am able to run the process, it is again happening for the subsequent processes.

Thanks

Hi @jrp

Can you get creds or one time access because that would help to see the event viewer which might give the details of why this is happening

Cheers

Check this documentation Windows Sessions

There you will see the RDP differences between Windows workstations and Windows Servers.

Also, check if you installed the unattended robot by following this documentation Installing the Robot

Hi @marian.platonov

Yes, I have already checked the Window Session link you provided and I already know the differences. I have installed the robot in Unattended mode too and I can verify that.

One more thing, in UiPath assistant I am seeing robot as Connected, Unlicensed even though I have followed all the steps. i am able to see machine as available and also has license assigned to it.

Any reason why is it not able to sign out of the window session properly?

Thanks

One more thing, in UiPath assistant I am seeing robot as Connected, Unlicensed even though I have followed all the steps. i am able to see machine as available and also has license assigned to it.

For unattended robots, it is not important what you see in the Assistant. For them, you need to check in the Orchestrator → Tenant → Monitoring → Unattended sessions what is the real status.

Check if in the robot settings in Orchestrator, the robot has LoginToConsole enabled and set it to False. Also, you need to login into the robot machine as the robot user and open a cmd.exe console and run logoff (it will Log out your unattended robot from the system) and then run any required jobs from Orchestrator.

When I enable LoginToConsol and set it to False, my process doesn’t run and fails with the message above. If I set it to YES, it runs but as soon as it fails, it fails on subsequent processes.

What changes would require on my physical window machine to be able to run the process with LoginToConsol enabled and set to False?

Check this documentation Frequently Encountered Robot Errors

After you logout from the Windows 10 machine from all users, you don’t need to be logged in with any users (they will use the Console sessions).

You need to schedule the job from another computer or mobile device that has access to your Orchestrator.

Also, it looks like the account you are using for the Robot is locked out (may be due to too many unsuccessful login attempts). To make sure this is the issue try logging into the Machine using the same credentials manually & if you see account locked message then unlock the account → it should work.

Also check this article How to Fix “The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to” Error on Windows 10?

As I mentioned, the password is correct as I am able to run the process after some interval of getting this error so nothing to do with credentials. What else can you suggest?

What changes would require on my physical window machine to be able to run the process with LoginToConsol enabled and set to False, which I can do with VDI?

Thank you!

Check if you installed the Unattended robot based on the documentation. (Add the local robot user in the Remote Desktop Users group, edit the gpedit.msc for Allow log on locally, and so on)