Unattended bot is not working under lock screen

dear sir,
actually I used free community version and I developed one unattended bot to download the report from one bank portal and attach image on that same portal. and I also schedule bot at morning 3 am but bot is not worked under lock screen. its only open the browser and gives error like “cannot bring the target application in foreground because window session is locked”. please suggest solution.

Hi @Rahul_Thombare

Do you have Unattended License

If yes, Check the Service Host is required

1. Have you installed the Bot which you are running as un attended from orchestrator by using MSI installer since we must install the bot with service mode since service mode bot is required for unattended automation.
  2. Make sure that you assigned un attended bot license for the Bot(VM) which you are trying to run your process un attended.

Check out this thread

Regards
Gokul

actully i am fresher so pleses can u give solution in detail

HI @Rahul_Thombare

Go to the Task manager → Details and see whether do you have these running in your system

Check out this video link @Rahul_Thombare

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

@Rahul_Thombare ,
Please install the robot in service mode,
You can go to control panel> Uipath> right click and click repair

Then installation window will come , then check Service mode in the installation window

@Rahul_Thombare
Go to Control panel → Find Uipath and click on change /repair
You will be directed to this kind of page and you need to click on the service mode and then reinstall it again

After reinstalling check do to have UiPath.Service.Host.exe is running if yes your issue is solved you check now

Regards
Sudharsan

I got something different

So you arent running the bot unattended. You are running it attended and the bot cannot work under a lock screen. Its also just some basics of how Windows works. It doesnt draw the stuff on the screen when the screen is locked which can block a bunch of RPA stuff from working.

An attended bot is just a bot that runs on a session you are in control of.

As others have demonstrated you install UiPath as a service and ideally use a VM where the bot can log on itself as required.

Hi can i confirm this is a VM where you have the robot in? Normally, you forgot to click on some other properties in the CLICK activity such as simulate click.

Can you check the property?

hI @Jon_Smith
Most probably i think we can modify the mode only with the enterprise version

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

No, attended mode vs unattended depends on how you install and set up the assistant and machine.

They need to install it as a service, as others have said, and set the robot to be able to run unattended. Just installed Studio and Assistant and scheduling a job doesn’t mean its unattended, thats still an attended bot as you must be present and logged on whilst it runs, aka, you must attend the job running.

Hi @Sudharsan_Ka @seanrockvz13 @ppr @Anil_G

i have serive.mode running, still the click activity is not working while running unattended.
only while running attended it is working.

this is how the screen looks and Loan Number is what i want to click Loan Number.

Can somebody Help me please.

@Bhagyaraj_Digumarthi1

Please use hardware click and check if that solves the issue

if you have a screenshot in unattended check if the page is proper

cheers

Hi @Bhagyaraj_Digumarthi1 ,

Are you certain that you are not using hardware events here? Did you click on Simulate click on the activities? Take note, simulate click does not work on all applications etc… Alternatively, do you have shortcut keys that you can use?

Re-run the UiPath installer and install it in service mode.

Don’t log into the server as the robot account then just close the RDP window. SIGN OUT properly from the start menu.