In the 'Lookup Column category' the value for argument 'Column Name' is not set or is invalid."

Hello,

Recently I’m facing issues with filter data table and and lookup data table,
Where am ended with up Column Name is not set or missing error.

However, when ran the process and check in watch option the column exist in the data table

I tried to check the length of column if there are any white space, but No space found

Could you please assist

Hi @Fresher ,
Are you passing the correct column name for which you want to look up the data.
Please check your column name spelling and all because this error occurs due to column mismatch.

Thanks & Regards,
Shubham Dutta

1 Like

Hi @Fresher

Could you try adding this snippet of code right before the Lookup Column Activity to check if the column is present in the Data Table during runtime?

dt1.Columns.Cast(Of DataColumn).Any(Function(a) a.ColumnName.Equals("Material Code"))

If it returns false, then that means the Data Table isn’t being parsed properly somewhere.

Also, could you please let us know what it is that you are trying to achieve here?
We will try to help you out if you could provide some sample data to work with, along with an example of the expected output.

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

1 Like

Hi @ashwin.ashok @Shubham_Dutta, thanks for your time in assisting me !!
it got resolved, when I deleted the xaml and recreated a new one. I assuming that that data table variable scope might caused the issue, my bad I haven’t checked that before deleting the old xaml.

dt1.Columns.Cast(Of DataColumn).Any(Function(a) a.ColumnName.Equals(“Material Code”)) – this might helped me idetified the issue earlier itself.

Thanks both of you again !!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.