Formatting a written message from Orchestrator?

Hi there,

I am trying to store a written message (which will be sent to customers) in orchestrator, but I am having an issue where it writes it out as just a text string, rather than including more desirable formatting.

So for example, I want the message to have undercarriages to begin sections on a new line and also include bullet points:

Thanks for your enquiry with COMPANY. We’ll be in touch shortly to discuss your enquiry in more detail, but if you’d like to proceed with a quote in the meantime, you can do this in a few ways:

• Via online using our website, www.example.com
  • Or call us on 09999 999999 to speak to a member of our team.

Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

However, right now it is more like:

Thanks for your enquiry with COMPANY. We’ll be in touch shortly to discuss your enquiry in more detail, but if you’d like to proceed with a quote in the meantime, you can do this in a few ways: • Via online using our website, www.example.com. • Or call us on 09999 999999 to speak to a member of our team. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

in general have a look to prepare a html text template

not all details are clear about the writing. When it is about sending by email then:

• use the html template for the body
  • set isBodyHtml to true
    grafik

This would be entered with the TypeInto activity, so HTML/email wouldn’t work in this situation unfortunately

please elaborate more on this as it is not uderstood so far. thanks

I want to store the formatted message on orchestrator and enter it into an 3rd party online portal using a ‘type into’ activity.

then you are dependend on the capabilities of the 3rd party online portal.

• is it possible to enter formatted text manually?
  • can you share screenshots / more details?

Is there not a way to format text within orchestrator? I seem to recall seeing some code which allowed for you to write underscores, but I don’t recall what it was.

Turns out what I was looking for was <br> to get onto a new line.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.