Need to match the Excel sheet and fill the data in another excel

Hello Forum,

1. I have an Input file that will have the data of the customer’s Name in one Column.
  2. I Have another excel workbook that will have a list of customers needed to get the report.

so now I need to match the particular column from the list and search whether that customer has data in the input file or not?

if the input is there need to take the entire data and paste it into another excel sheet and save it with the customer name and date.

can anyone guide me on how to match this flow?

Hi @chaitanyaKumar
You can use for each row in datatable and inside that use filter datatable. This filter datatable will filter the customers name and get the datas if there are datas for that particular customer. You can use an if condition for that, if the filter data ouptut has rowcount greater than 1 then there are datas you can add that rows to a datatable…
if this doesn’t helps you then please provide a sample excel file i will try to create a xaml file for you…
Thanks and Regards.
Sreejith

Hello Sreejith,

TestIp is the Input file. and Match is another excel where we need to find the Customer Names from those list need to search in the input file. if yes the customer is available need to take the data and paste it in another excel as per the output excel.

Match.xlsx (8.8 KB)
Output.xlsx (10.0 KB)
TestIp.xlsx (9.1 KB)

Regards,

Hi @chaitanyaKumar
Please go through the below xaml file it will help you to write datas that are matching into a new excel sheet.
If it helps you please mark it as solution
ExcelForum.xaml (13.2 KB)

Thanks and Regards.
Sreejith

sure will check and update the same

Hi Sreejith,

as i changed the path with the original Data path, it runs find but the newout.xlsx is empty.

Regards,

Hi @chaitanyaKumar

Try this xaml

NeedToMatchExcelSheet.zip (23.5 KB)

Hi Varun,

i tried you code. getting this error.

I think the data is not matched in Input file due to this getting error.

@chaitanyaKumar

Try this

NeedToMatchTheExcelSheet.xaml (13.1 KB)

@chaitanyaKumar can you please put a breakpoint in the filterdatatable and check if the filterdatatable is returning any data.
Thanks and Regards.
Sreejith.

Hi Varun,

i shared you the linked in request please check.

and the code is working fine but the out put is not getting copy sheet error.

@chaitanyaKumar

The sheet name that you are trying to provide is either too long (more than 31 characters) or contains invalid characters (/\ etc)

Hi Varun,

but i didn’t find any path error but still getting the same.

@chaitanyaKumar

The seller name of the record for which you are getting this error contains more than 31 characters or invalid characters. The sheet name provided is the SellerName only.

Please check the seller name for this particular record where you are getting this error

1 Like

Thanks so much varun for your valuable time to resolving the issue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.