"Failed to create a .........." while opening file

Hey guys. I keep running into this problem a lot now, and it’s starting to concern me. I’m basically a learner to this day of studio uipath. Once I finish a project, I run it and save it. After I exit the file, I can’t open it. I always get the same error and end up doing the same work again and again. The error that I get:
The details of the error:
22.4.3+Branch.master.Sha.926b4e643842c0bd04601053628fabcad850b6c3

Document is invalid

Open Document Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException
—> UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The item ‘C:\Users\marketingas1\Desktop\Dimos scrapper\Dimos scrapper.xaml’ could not be opened: Document is invalid.
—> RemoteException wrapping System.IO.InvalidDataException: Document is invalid
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerBuilder.InitRootActivity(WorkflowDesigner designer, String filename)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerBuilder.BuildInternal(DesignerEventsSubscriber eventsSubscriber, String workflowId, String fileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerBuilder.Build(DesignerEventsSubscriber eventsSubscriber, String workflowId, String fileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerWrapper.Load(String fileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.DesignerFileProjectEndpoint.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.DesignerFileProjectEndpoint.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.d__15.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.DesignerFileProjectEndpoint.d__6.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_3.<<-ctor>g__InvokeMethod|6>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_1.<<-ctor>g__HandleRequest|3>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_2.<<-ctor>b__5>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__91.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.OnOpenAsyncInternal(String path, IFactory2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.OnOpenAsync(String path, IFactory2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.DocumentService.OnOpenAsync(String path, IFactory2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.OpenAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenDocumentAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenDocumentAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenPath(String filePath)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProcessArgumentsService.ProcessWithCommandLine(String commandLineFileName)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<>c__DisplayClass24_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

It started happening to me when I started using Type into activity, the modern type:
The files who don’t have this activity opens easily, and I think that is the problem, but how can I solve it? The modern type into is way more comfortable for me.

Hi @Povilas_Jonikas ,

Can you please try to use normal Type Into activity instead of Modern Type Into activity.

Go to Projects panel → click settings icon → Disable Modern Design Experience

Now try to use normal Type into activity,

I hope this will help you resolve the issue.

Happy Automation!

1 Like

Thanks for the response @Dharunya_Devi,

But I’ve tried doing that before asking for help, it just doesn’t work for me. And is it not possible to use modern activity “type into” without getting your project broken? What should I do? My colleague tried opening the file on his computer, it works smoothly.