Cannot select New

ConnectNew
Hey, I want to click on new button but when I use click activity it selects the whole page. How can I select the correct element?
Regards
Anived

Hi!

Could you please provide us some more details?

Is this a web application?

Regards,
NaNi

This is Microsoft Unified Service Desk Application.

Hey!

Use CV Activities!

You can able to click

Regards,
NaNi

Hey I am getting the following error using Cv Activities.
Cannot perform detection since user is not logged into Automation cloud an API key isn’t provided.

Hi!

Yes, If you wants to use CV Activities you should provide the APIKey which is available in Cloud

Follow the steps:

1. Open Cloud Account->Admin->Licenses->Robot & Services->Generate the Computer Vision APIKey
  2. Copy the Key and paste it in APIKey Field

Regards,
NaNi

Ok,will try.

Hey so I cannot use API Key as we do not have our own computer vision server.

Hey @Anived_Mishra,

What exactly the issue is ? you are unable to capture the selector or after capturing the proper selector it’s clicking somewhere else.

Thanks,
Sanjit

Hey, I am unable to capture the selector. I want to just select new but its selecting the whole page.

Hey @Anived_Mishra,

Try to change the UI Framework by pressing the “F4” and check.
Might be your framework is selected as UIA make it as Default or AA by pressing F4 while capturing the selector.

Thanks,
Sanjit

Hi @Anived_Mishra,

This means that the robot cannot see the selectors.

While defining a possible selector, you can try to change the selector feature by pressing F4.

You can use CV activities.

You can proceed by defining an image instead of a selector. Of course this would be a bit risky, especially in the reading steps.

Regards,
MY

Hey, I checked my framework is the default. I did try using the other 2 as well but cannot capture New.
Regards
Anived

Hi MY,
Thank you for your response. I can’t use CV activities unfortunately as we do not have our own CV server.

Hey!

No need to have the CV Server.

Here, just you need to pass the APIKey that’s it

Regards,
NaNi

1 Like

If all else fail, use Computer Vision.
You can set ‘UseLocalServer’ option to true on CV Screen Scope, so you dont have to install CV in a webserver and provide the endpoint and/or API key. You just need to download additional package (UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer) in your project to install the lightweight version of CV into your machine.