How to get specific value for an excel sheet which I have read into a data-table?

Hi, I need to get the total value at the bottom for each of my excel sheets for MULTIPLE excel files. The format of the excel are all the same, I will always need to get the value in column H and with the row that says total value. How exactly can I do that?

I have the following activities but am stuck:

Excel application scope
Read Range ~ which outputs it to a data-table

What do i do next?

Hi @Chaaza,

You can use the filterdatatable activity.

You can adjust this filter better by looking at the dt range you are reading. I have added the following as an example.

Regards,
MY

@Chaaza Check the attached workflow

Example.zip (11.2 KB)

Input

Input

Output

Hi MY,

Thanks, Filter looks very useful, but the specific column I need is actually an unnamed column under column H. It is not “PO Value Curr,” because in the total value row that would be empty.

How do I write the programming language to correctly identify Column H? Do need to count from the 1st column? Where column A is 1, column B is 2 and so on?

@Chaaza

After reading data into data table you can take Read Cell Activity and in the cell field you can write the below exp. You can find this in the above attached workflow

"H"+Cint(DT.Rows.Count+1).ToString

DT is the data table name

I understand, then you can use inequality, not equality.

For example ;

This will get you the blank rows and the H column filled field total value.

Then you can get only the row with the total by using the Bring H filled filter.

@Chaaza What is the error that you are getting

Sorry let me attach the work file with more details, I did it as per your advice, but I seem unable to get the actual amount $ under write line.

I need to first get the total value so that I can later input it for subsequent workflows.
test.zip (5.0 KB)

The error I get when I use your example for my excel sheet (attached) is this:

22.4.3+Branch.master.Sha.926b4e643842c0bd04601053628fabcad850b6c3

DoubleConverter cannot convert from (null).

RemoteException wrapping System.NotSupportedException: DoubleConverter cannot convert from (null).
at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.GetConvertFromException(Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelReadCell.SetResult(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, Object result)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelInteropActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Utilization_Line_4500006216_10.xls (10.4 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.