Scraping PDF footer Page Number

Dear All,

I am facing problem to scrape PDF footer page number. I tried screen scraping, Full Text and OCRs some time this scrape the data and some times I am getting NULL value.

Regards
AN

Hello @anand.t

IS the requirement to get the page number alone? or do you want to scrap it from pdf?
If you want to scrap, which activity are you using?

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan

Yes . I want Page number alone. Yes I want to scrape from PDF.

I tried screen scraping with Native, Full text and OCRs, I tried with Omni Page OCRs as well.

Is that a scanned pdf? Also are you able to extract all other data from pdf other than page number?

This is a native PDF. I do not need whole data. I want only page number so that I can split the range of PDF pages based on some business rule.

Can you try Get PDF Page Count activity and get the page count.
If you want to read single files, you can use a loop and change the page number in the Read PDF activity.

I am explaining more:

Suppose there is a Native PDF files containing 500 pages. This 500 pages contains multiple information. Suppose I want “Bank Statement”. Then first I search In which page index this Bank Statement exist. Suppose in Page number 432 . Here in page 432 PDF footer I want to scrape 432 of 450 Means 19 Pages. If I am able to scrape “432 Of 450” Then easily I can get the last index and using Extract PDF Range activity I can easily split the range.

Hope this case is clear to you.

May i know how you are searching for the keyword in the pdf ? Which activities are you using?

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan

Hot key ctrl+f

Hello!

Try this out

Regards,
NaNi

Request all,

Please first understand the case then reply. It will also save my time.

Regards
AN

I gave the solution for this…

Regards,
NaNi

Hello @anand.t

Not sure whether this can be acheived with the steps which you have mentioned. You can check the below post. That is one solution which I’m also considering.