Possible to add a single task to Action Center without UiPath.Persistance.Activities?

Hi, everyone. I just scrolled through all the posts tagged with Action Center and did not see this question asked, so I will ask it.

Is it possible to add a single task to Action Center in the course of the REFramework?

I’m wondering if I can have the robot add a task to Action Center when it runs into a business exception. I would like a human to be notified that there is invalid data so that they can correct it. Then, the robot can add this corrected item to the queue. I don’t want to use an Orchestration/Long-Running Process template or the typical UiPath.Persistence.Activities; I’ve had issues with memory consumption with these before. I just want a new task created every so often when a BE occurs.

Is there an activity from a different package we can use? Or is there an activity within UiPath.Persistence.Activities that doesn’t require the robot to be constantly “checking” Action Center for completed tasks?

1 Like

Hey @Joe_Matuch

You need to use Create Form Task or Create External Task activity from the Persistence package.

Don’t enable persistence in the project settings and it comes into picture when you use Wait for Task activities.

Unless you use the above, you no need to worry. But just create tasks and go ahead with next steps.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
#nK

Okay, thanks for the idea. I don’t have practical experience using Action Center yet, so I’ll have to try this out to see exactly what you mean.

1 Like

Yes please and if you face any challenges feel free to post here.

1 Like

Hi again, @Nithinkrishna . I added a Create Form Task, and that went fine. It created a task that I completed in Action Center. However, that was not very useful because the outputs of the completed form task did not get used anywhere.

I put a “Wait for Form Task and Resume” after the Create Form Task, but then I started to get the error below. Here you can see my main workflow, the persistence activities in my ProcessTransactions.xaml, and the error I am getting. I turned on “Supports Persistence” because I read that could be a solution to the error, but I’m still getting it.

I’m not doing this within an Orchestration Process, just a regular process I created.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hey @Joe_Matuch

Did you enable Persistence in your project settings? If not please enable it.

Thanks
#nK

Yes, I turned on “Supports Persistence.”

1 Like

Hey @Joe_Matuch

After enabling is that working ?

Thanks
#nK

No, I already had it on when I first updated this post a few days ago.

So is that working now or still facing same issue ?