Hotkey is working, but taking long time

Hi,

I have an activity to click this Java on Pop up :

Instead of using click, I’m using the send hotkey instead and somehow it press the “enter” key but it took more than 30 seconds to click. I tried to find solution and using the one I found here :

“Send Hotkey” activity has 30 second delay closing Chrome Pop-up - Help / Activities - UiPath Community Forum

I tried it, and still it’s not doing anything, it still clicks but take long time… Here’s my selector and hotkey properties :

This is my activity using parallel :

Selector properties

Hotkey Properties

Hi @Rhys18,

When you click on the save button, a popup opens and you have to press the ok button as far as I understand.

While doing this, you can put an element exist to see if the popup came first instead of the parallel activity, and then you can use a send hotkey or click activity.

Regards,
MY

Where is this element exist in? Properties? I didn’t found it

You can use check app state.

is it like this?

The button that’s marked as target are the one that will trigger the java pop up

Introduce the direct popup, not the trigger. Here it checks if the window is opened and if it does it sends a hotkey. Or maybe it’s better to click activity if it can be selected.

Tried it . It look like this right?

It’s working but somehow still took 25 seconds when it can be less than 2 second.

all Wait for page load is set to none

Hi,

For now, to isolate causes, can you try to set HardwareEvent at InputMethod property in Click activity for save button?

Regards,

2 Likes

Thank you it really works !! What’s the different between hardware event and simulate thou? And should I enable hardware events everytime I use selector?

Hi,

Simulate is more accurate than HardwareEvent etc because it checks (waits) response of action.
However, if the response isn’t returned, it will wait until timeout. One of solutions is to use Parallel, but it doesn’t seem the above works.
On the other hand, HardwareEvent do just Click on the target element. It means we cannot know if it succeeded.
So if you use HardwareEvent, I recommend to use RetryScope and ElementExists(Check AppState) to know the clicking is success. (if it failed, retry)

Regards,

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much for the knowledge sharing !!

The answer has been given. Adding a control here that will allow you to perform the action will bring you to the same time. More important than speed, especially in UI automation, is correct work.

Hi,

What do you mean by adding a control? What control you are trying to refer?

Thanks

@Yoichi explained it here.

Ahh I got it thank you

You can also use click image for fast result

Hello.

To click OK, you can use this selector in the click activity inside of Element Scope:

Try and say something.

HUG

@Aleem_Khan @Jose_Cunha

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but the problem is solved by Mr. Yoichi by changing the simulate click to hardware events on the selector :slight_smile: Appreciate it !

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.