Publishing a package from Studio to GitHub Packages

When I try to publish a package from Studio to GitHub Packages I get the following error:

The logs for the above error is also like this:

09:30:50.1874 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio] [30] No destination repository detected. Ensure the source project has a 'RepositoryUrl' property defined. If you're using a nuspec file, ensure that it has a repository element with the required 'type' and 'url' attributes.
09:30:50.1928 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [30] Error: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).
09:30:50.1930 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio] [30] Error: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).

So, tracing the error I published the package to local folder and unzipped the nupkg file. Then I changed the nuspec file like below.

Then I zipped the files and pushed it to github with dotnet nuget push and it worked.

Proposed Solutions

Option 1:
This solution fairly easy, when publishing a package from Studio, if it has git integration copy the git url to nuspec file under repositoryUrl

Option 2:
Add an optional field on publish menu on Studio for custom publishing that adds this value to the nuspec file under repositoryUrl

Feel free to ask further information.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Definitely something we can improve in the future.