Assigning User Role in On-Premise Orchestrator

Hi All,

I am beginner in using on-prem orchestrator. Actually i have no idea on how to assign role to the business user (non-admin) which only for triggering and monitoring the process for specific folder only.

As far as i know, in cloud orchestrator, we can assigned it and that user can use their email to login to the orchestrator. But how about the on-premise? Since on-premise need to have the username and password to login.

Regards,
Afiqah

1 Like

Hey @afiqah_ibrahim

You need to create a local user with appropriate roles mentioned.

And that particular role should have necessary access enabled.

Also I see automation user a default role which may fit your scenario or you can create your own custom role as well.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hi @Nithinkrishna ,

thank you for your suggestion :smiley: my next question is how do i sign in as that user in orchestrator?

now i only have admin credentials. Actually i got confuse on this part.

Thanks,
Afiqah

From Tenant β†’ Manage access you can create local user and assign a specific role.

To be more specific, which orchestrator version are you using?

Hi @andreus91 ,

now using for version 2021.10.2

1 Like

Hey @afiqah_ibrahim

When you create the user anyway you will provide username and PWD for the user with which you will be logging in !

Thanks
#nK

hi @Nithinkrishna ,

actually i have done that, but one question, how about the organization of the user?

is it the same login method when we login as admin?

regards,
Afiqah

1 Like

It should be default !

Hi @Nithinkrishna ,

Is it normal is we are required to change the password when login to this local user account for the first time?

Really sorry, just realize that it is the password setting by admin, need to change password for first time.

Thank you all.

Yes of course it’s normal.

You can change this if required from tenant settings.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.