While Working on Excel Sheet I am getting time also along with Date , How to remove it?

While Working with Automation I was saving data in Excel but while saving the date it is also saving time along with it.
How to remove it??
Please suggest some change as it is a bit urgent .
I have also attached the image for reference.

have a first check on the option of reformatting the cell (we can use it also for ranges)

@Kunal_Jain Can you send this excel file or sample excel file which has date format as mentioned?

TestingBook.xlsx (9.3 KB)
Please suggest some simple solution as I have to plugin the code
Or suggest some expression that can just remove this time from the dates please

Any simple solution which can work other than this
Because working on VB Expression won’t help

what is your exact understanding / definition of VB Expression

what was done, what was not working

Just keep in mind, also when we format / edit the string to a date only and excel is recognizing the date it can again happen that with write range a date/time cell format is triggered and the time portion is displayed. So postformatting the celltype has some pros

A quick and dirty trick is to cleansing up the values within a for each row and prepending a '. So Excel is forced to keep it as text

Hi @Kunal_Jain ,

Could you try with the below Component :

Hi @Kunal_Jain , Can you use this Component which is mentioned by @supermanPunch and let us know the results.

I am trying it
Just wish to know what to pass in
DateFormats: All the available string formats followed by the column have to be listed as an array of string.

@supermanPunch Please suggest it

@Kunal_Jain , Seems like the Format used is the below :

MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss

Try to use the above value in the parameter Date Formats by passing it as an Array of String :

{"MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss}
1 Like

Yes this is the solution

1 Like

I need to this code for multiple columns
And using this I am just able to do it for a single column
Suggest something

@Kunal_Jain

Iterate the input sheet by using for each and write the Specific column .

it is not working
It is pushing the random value for the empty columns

@Kunal_Jain
Try :
cdate(input.ToString).ToString(“dd/MM/yyyy”)

@Kunal_Jain

@Kunal_Jain ,

I am also facing the similar situation. Please let me know if you find the solution.

Thanks

@srinivas_pradeep

can you please share the expression from where you will get the value of this column.

@Vaibhav_Rajpoot_17

Please find attached the excel sheet. I would like to change the format of the Date column to
YYYY-MM-DD format for e.g 2019-09-11 . Currently it has different format with time.

Thanks for the help.
ask_uipath_format.xlsx (8.8 KB)