After updating v2022.4, the robot stops with an error "The workbook dose not exist."

Hey @nosawa

Could you please show some screenshots?

Thanks
#nK

Hi, @Nithinkrishna

What screen shots other than the first post are needed?

UiPath Assistant:

UiPath Studio:

1 Like

Hey @nosawa

I want to check the sheet and the activity props !

Thanks
#nK

Hi, @Nithinkrishna

It is user data and confidential, So screenshots cannot be attached.
Details in robot using excel data are as follows
Invoice format data
Extension is .xlsx

We cannot detect which activity failed because the debug run in Studio succeeded.

@Nithinkrishna
Hi NK,

I’m nosawa’s colleague.

We think the error is occurred by the bug due to UiPath’s update because
・The error suddenly appears after UiPath’s update to Ver.2022.04
→Before update, it had run properly without any problems.
・We made sure that required files to run the robot are stored in correct folder.
We haven’t changed anything, but the error has occurred after the update. I can’t guess any causes other than the bug.

On the other hand, we would like to escalate to UiPath Support, however, Ver.2022.04 has not been provided in Enterprise Edition and UiPath said “We cannot answer to question about Ver.2022.04”. Therefore, we posted it to Forum.
(We have posted same question to Japanese Forum and found the user has same situation but no one has idea to solve this.)

Anyway, we are still researching for this issue.
Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Okay @riwai great.

But what surprises me is like you said the workflow works fine in the debug mode with the same updated software.

That makes me think !

@Nithinkrishna Thank you for the reply.

You can say that again.
I’m super surprised about UiPath since “Debug” and “Run” use Assistant App either, but the issue only happens when I use published package via Assistant App. I think no one have an idea…orz

Anyway, if you find new info, please provide and help us.

Thank you.

1 Like

Okay one troubleshooting step which I can think of now will be try checking which Excel package version your both runs utilize it should be the same.

It will show in output panel when you open the project in the studio & then the same package should be checked in the other machines.

Also, did you try with Assistant run in the machine where it is working with Studio debug !

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna Thank you for the reply.

Okay one troubleshooting step which I can think of now will be try checking which Excel package version your both runs utilize it should be the same.

It will show in output panel when you open the project in the studio & then the same package should be checked in the other machines.

We are using Excel Activities(v2.9.3.)and have never updated this.

Also, did you try with Assistant run in the machine where it is working with Studio debug !

UiPath Assistant with error and UiPath Studio with successful execution are installed on the same PC(Same situation for both machines.).

Hi @nosawa

Super strange. Any chance you are able to reproduce this behaviour on a fresh, new project with some dummy data? Or is it something that only concerns old projects?

Lastly, just so i got it right - this error only happens on runtime? If so, could you try outputting some logs before and after some potential activities to try to identify the faulty activity?

Maybe one more thought. Are the paths to the excel file dynamically generated, or hard coded? (Having a screenshot or a few of the activities configuration might also help a bit)

Hi, @loginerror

Thank you for your reply
I am sorry for the delay in answering due to public holidays in Japan.

What do you mean by new/old project?
There is no change in the robot program data, only in the automatically updated UiPath Assistant (v22.4). The problem is not only with the original robot file (UiPath Studio v21.10), but also with the re-published robot file (UiPath Studio v22.4).

The error occurs only when running UiPath Assistant (not debugging or running in Studio).

We have been able to identify where the error occurs.
(We have created and published a robot with messages inserted at various locations)

The following Config file is loaded.
This error occurs during the first operation of the Excel file.

Message box 4 appears, but before message box 5, the error message in the first post appears

The path of the Excel file is dynamically generated.

No worries!

Could you maybe print out the path inside of the message box 4? (in_ConfigFile)

Also, I truly hope it is not the core of the issue, but the name of the argument is different than the name you have in the activity:

in_ConfigFile
vs
in_configFile

But still, something to check for I guess.

Some additional questions:

• what is the full path to the file? does it work when you use the full and not the relative path?
  • are the files on any sort of mounted cloud storage drive?
  • does it work if you place the file in the root folder of the project and simply provide the file name to access it?

Hi @loginerror ,

I guess the following topic might be same issue with this. Can you also check it?

Regards,

2 Likes

Hi, @loginerror

Thanks for the reply.
An additional question provided a hint to identify the cause of the error.

The UiPath Assistant seems to have the following bug:
Default value of Argument in UiPath Studio losts on publish for UiPath Assistant.

When I created a robot that displays Arugument as it is in the message box, the default value of Arugument is displayed when running in UiPath Studio, whereas nothing is displayed when running in UiPath Assistant.

A temporary solution is to use variables instead of Arugument, but I hope this bug will be resolved soon!

2 Likes

Thank you for coming back with this update. I’ll let the team know.

1 Like

Hi @nosawa thanks for sharing your bug report! I am experiencing the exact same issue with the default argument in the workflow somehow being “lost” when the process is run in UiPath Assistant.

Hope that UiPath fixes this issue ASAP because this is a big problem. I am going to be going back to the old version of Studio for the time being.

Hi, @loginerror
Thanks!
Please let us know if there are any information needed to confirm the situation.

Hi, @oscar
Thanks for reporting same cases. Argument defaults are a frequently used feature,I also hope for an immediate improvement in this issue.

1 Like

Hi again, just saying that this issue still exists in UiPath Studio Enterprise 22.4.3 (just released yesterday) and my robots can’t access files properly.

Starting from 2023.4, some improvements will be made to better handle the scenarios above around Assistant and the default variables.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.