Read range (Settings and Constants sheets): Could not load file or assembly ‘ClosedXML, Version=0.87.0.0

Hi All,

While upgrading project build on Uipath 20.10. version to 21.10. getting below error Read range (Settings and Constants sheets): Could not load file or assembly ‘ClosedXML, Version=0.87.0.0.

Attached are the Project dependencies. Issue seems to be with different version of “ClosedXML” in project dependencies (Uipath.Excel.Activities > ClosedXML >=0.87.1 and custom library package included in the package( Uipath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities(1.5.0) > ClosedXML >=0.94.2)
CLosedXMLError

Solution which worked: Added higher version Uipath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities(1.6.0) package having sub dependency ClosedXML >=0.87.1.

So, i want to understand if higher version ClosedXML >=0.87.1 in excel activity package and ClosedXML >=0.94.2 is already included in library package, then why it is not supporting the lower version ClosedXML >=0.87.0

Can somebody explain this dependency resolution and how does this work in case of different version of dependencies included in the project and custom library version included in the project.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @SandeepPanchal

Can you update the dependencies mentioned below,

1. UiPath.Excel.Activities
  2. UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities

Update the package and try running the process.

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

If you have the Latest version try to Downgrade both the packages @SandeepPanchal

Regards
Gokul

I know the work around, by just adding UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities 1.6.0 (Which contain ClosedXML >=0.87.1) solves the problem.

But i want to understand why lower version ClosedXML >=0.87.0 is not supporting here when 1. UiPath.Excel.[Activities] have ClosedXML >=0.87.1 and UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities 1.5.0 have CLosedXML >=0.94.2.

But when i add MicrosoftOffice365.Activities 1.6.0(Have ClosedXML >=0.87.1) it work.

Hi @SandeepPanchal

Just Downgraded version of both the packages and check if it is working.

I’m not sure → it may required a higher version to support ClosedXML.

Regards
Gokul