Not able to use Type Into and Set Text activity to fill out a web form

Hi All,
I am retrieving data from a web form and storing it in different variables (like name, city, province). I want to fill another web form using these variables. I tried to use Type Into and Set Text activity to fill out the web form, but it is giving me error. It says “could find the UI component corresponding to this selector”.

Here is my selector

Thanks

Does any of the “id” change upon page refresh?

No, it is not changing and I am not refreshing the page.

hey

please use the uiexplorer to take the correct selector, remember that you can get selectors from different containers on the field.
can you show us the field you need to type?

Hi,
I want to get the selector for this field.

@harmeet_kaur Try to see whether aaname present in your selector since the tag and id attributes changing every time. You can check this opening the selector in UiExplorer

Capture

I changed the selector using UI Explorer and also selected ‘name’. This time I am not getting any error. But the value is not inserted. I waited for few minutes, but nothing happened.

can you activate those couple of properties and try again

@harmeet_kaur what is the activity you were using ?

I was using set Text activity. Can you please tell how can I edit the selector for type into activity. I am not getting any option for that

I have these options for type into activity. Can you please tell how can I edit the selector for this type into activity. I am not getting any option to do so.

@harmeet_kaur Expand the target(click on + button) in the right side properties then you can see the selector

Can you please show in the screenshot?

Also, if I try to use select item for one of the drop down in the form - it gives me an error while selecting the target , saying the indicated target is not a valid UI element for select action. Is this an issue with the web page? Because I believe this webpage is embedded inside other html. Here is the dropdown

@harmeet_kaur what is the activity you were using to select the items form the list

I am using select item activity

Try with 2 different clicks, first one to open the select item, second to select the item you need

@harmeet_kaur Try recording that step and see how it goes. Please go through below links for more info