Needed Uipath Activities for Text document(Notepad)

Till Now the Packages availabe for Word and Excel, Example UiPath.Word.Activites now I request for the Package called Text File for opening in Notepad for the purpose of Finding the word in text file and replacing with another word which will open in notepad

There are already basic read/write activities for textfiles. Notepad is merely a tool but not per-se required for your goals.

Read txt file → string replace → write txt file will accomplish your process without opening notepad. You could of course afterwards still open notepad with the altered text file if you wish.

And, due to the simpliciy of this, you can very easily crea\te your own package with your custom activities as a library and thus a reusable activity; saves waiting for UiPath to possibly implement your request.

Check out About Libraries for a start on building your own libraries.

1 Like

Thanks For the Reply!.

Read txt file → string replace → write txt file : I have tried this but it was replaced full text file into another word, My requirement is I need to replace the single word present in the text file by find and replace

And Iam New to this RPA tools How to Configure Regular Expression . Iam the responsible to automate the repetitive task in our company,so our company is new to this tech

Hi @arunprasanth_m

Can you share the sample input file

Regards
Gokul

this is company related file so I have no rights to share in public ,but I can tell the problem statement.
My Requirement is We Have a text file and the file has many credentials in that we have the Date section , the format is yyyymmdd . Everydate we manually change the date in that date section to previous date (for example: today our date is 20220323 )from this example today I have changed the text file date as 20220322 which is yesterday date, so that i need to replace only this one.Kindly help me on.

HI @arunprasanth_m

Have a look on the sample workflow

TextfileChangingData.xaml (5.1 KB)

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

I n this workflow, Just update the date in the Type Into Activity

DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd")
DateTime.Now.AddDays(-1).ToString("yyyyMMdd")

Regards
Gokul

2 Likes

I think I need to learn more stuff :sweat_smile: because I didn’t think in this way, thanks a lot dude :star_struck:

Do you have further query? @arunprasanth_m

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

In our company we are fully automating the old process , As a 9 Months experience in this IT sector after my degree, I gave idea on the UIPATH ,My Manager said “try from your side once it is succeed we will buy licence,and we can move forward” . So During the process if I have any doubts I will surely seek your help sir!. Once again thanks a lot!

Great all the forum member are there to help @arunprasanth_m

Kindly close the topic by marking the post as solved.

Regards
Gokul

You have marked the wrong post as solution @arunprasanth_m , Kindly make a change

Regards
Gokul

Yes sir I have changed it

regards

Arun

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.