Could not extract proper text

Hi,

I need to get the text in “document” column which is parallel to Z_SKUConversion. Everytime, serial number and document number will not be same. How can i achieve this? Please help.

1 Like

Hi @Sirisha_Siri ,

Are you able to download the entire Dataset as a DataTable?
That would make things super easy for you.

If you want to rely on Selectors alone, then indicate the element, travel across the Visual Tree and try to pinpoint the Z_SKUConversion.

Either that, or use an Anchor and place it onto Z_SKUConversion.

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

Hi @Sirisha_Siri

In this case try to Find Text Position Activity and indicated the text “Z_SKUConversion”

Pass the output variable of Find Text Position In Click activity

Regards
Gokul

this is relying on the position of z_skuconversion. but here z_skuconversion position will be changing everytime

z_skuconversion position will change everytime

Hi @Sirisha_Siri

Find Text Position is to Find the Particular text in the Web Page

Have look on the Skeleton

Flowchart1.xaml (11.0 KB)

Regards
Gokul

Hi

There is a simple way to accomplish

1. In the same screenshot you have shared there you can see a button in SAP to export that as a excel file

2. First use a click button and get the downloaded as a excel file and save it in a folder

3. Then read that excel with read range and get the output as a DATATABLE named dt

4. Then use a LOOKUP DATATABLE activity and pass dt as input for DATATABLE

Input value = “Z_SKUConversion”
Lookup columnname = “Event”
Target columnname - “Document”
Input DATATABLE = dt

And get the output as a string variable named stroutput which will be your output value

For an example on how to use lookup DATATABLE have a view on this

Cheers @Sirisha_Siri

@Sirisha_Siri please find the below workflow to get the document number

Sample.zip (11.0 KB)

To use this workflow please export the SAP results to an excel

Thanks @Palaniyappan

But the output has to be written into excel again which looks like below pic where row number keeps changing. in the below pic it is 3. but it will change depending on condition. how can i get the row number here to place the output

1 Like

@Sirisha_Siri is output mean document number that you are reading from excel ?

You can also get the row index in the same lookup datatable activity as a output
If you see in the property panel Of lookup datatable activity there are two outputs one is the value and another one is the row index with which you can position as well

Cheers @Sirisha_Siri

Hi @Sirisha_Siri

Have you check this login to use Find Text Position

Regards
Gokul

@Sirisha_Siri please check the workflow that I shared it would solve your issue

yes, it is document number.

No, it is not the excel used while performing lookup. this is different excel where i need to place the output. i have to filter the excel based on certain conditions and place this output over there. in this case cell value keeps on changing. so i need to read the cell value there and then place the output in that cell value.

no, its not helping at placing the output value

This lookup doesn’t use excel itself
It works on DATATABLE

So we don’t need to worry about the cell position
If we know the value to be looked up then this loop up DATATABLE activity itself will get the row index and also the target column value

Cheers @Sirisha_Siri

Hi @Sirisha_Siri

Based on my understanding

Need to search for Z_SKUConversion and select the Z_SKUConversion document from the application.

If yes Have a look into XAML File

Flowchart1.xaml (11.0 KB)

If Not, Can you explain bit more

Regards
Gokul

i need to get the dcument text which is parallel to skuconversion

HI @Sirisha_Siri

have you tried with lookup datatable activity

Regards
Gokul