How to Integrate Microsoft Teams chatbot with UiPath orchestrator

Hi Uipathians,

Hope everyone doing good.

i would like to know how to integrate Microsoft teams chatbot with UiPath orchestrator.

Current approach we are trying is connecting teams chatbot with power automate RPA and from the power automate we are trying to connect the UiPath orchestrator by calling API services but we are unable to achieve it. We are not able to troubleshoot because power automate is not matured and they don’t have proper forum like us.

I have already gone through the old posts but those are not really helpful. my idea is to use teams chatbot and if use enter some data into that chat bot it should trigger the process in orchestrator. If anybody have expertise on this please share your knowledge. thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

1 Like

Hey @kirankumar.mahanthi1

I guess the above approach you tried should work fine.

Teams → Webhook hit to MS Flow → UiPath Start Job / Add to Queue

What’s the challenge you are facing here please ?

Thanks
#nK

Hi @Nithinkrishna ,

Thanks for your response.

I am sorry i did not understand the Webhook hit to MS Flow. Currently we are using inbuilt teams chatbot and triggering the power automate work flow there we are hitting our orchestrator api service (start job api) there we are receiving the below error(please note that this error we are receiving in power automate)

UnresolvableHostName . Http request failed with status code ‘NameResolutionFailure’ and status message: 'The remote name could not be resolved

i would like to know is there any alternative approach to achieve the teams chatbot to connect our orchestrator through Rest api calls. thanks.

we are able to use our uipath htttp activity to connect and run the jobs via api and as well as from third party tools like postman.

2 Likes

When you trigger the power automate workflow from teams is it getting successfully triggered with all the necessary details ?

Just forget about the Orchestrator as of now. We will troubleshoot step by step.

Thanks
#nK

yeah we have given enough details. beginning (connecting to our non prod orchestrator) itself it is throwing that error. we are giving the necessary details like tenancy name, username and password. with the same details we are abe to connect through our UiPath studio and postman.

do you know any other approach with out using power automate. thanks. basically what i would like to do is i have to provide user to teams chatbot whenever they want they want they will enter some order numbers so our existing process should trigger via orchestrator rest api. thanks.

please note that we are able to get the messages from chatbot using power automate but it is not able to connect to our non production on prem orchestrator throwing the above error.

2 Likes

Is your on-prem orchestrator exposed over internet ?

Also is it possible to show a snap of Power Automate Flow ?

Thanks
#nK

Nope it is work only in our organization network. we have enough linceses to use teams chat bot and power automate those are coming under the organization network.

2 Likes

But are you sure whether Power Automate is in your organization server as I believe it should be in MS O365 Cloud.

Thanks
#nK

So a quick workaround I can say for you is like you can make a Power Automate flow to send an email to the Bot managed mailbox in some specific format and which will act as a trigger point to the Bot.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

what i mean to say with the post man we are able to connect our non prod orchestrator.

1 Like

ok. thanks. is there any other workaround you would suggest.

Yep @kirankumar.mahanthi1

Postman will be executing the script intranet. So no worries.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

@kirankumar.mahanthi1 Please check if this is feasible for you.

mmm. make sense will check with my infrastructure&cloud team on this point. thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @kirankumar.mahanthi1 ,

Can you please provide a sample workflow or a video of how to achieve this . It would be really helpful to learn.

Thanks.
Parvati

1 Like

Hey @parvathi_ayanala

You are looking for a sample to trigger UiPath from power automate ?

Thanks
#nK

Yes thanks .