Automation on attendance marking

Hi… Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

You can open your Html file in the browser and then read xlsx file and convert it to the data table. Then loop through that data table and then using ui automation you can pass excel valus as variables to the selector. Try this and let me know.

@Jarrypo

Welcome to forums

You can use Read Range activity to read the Excel file

Then you can loop using ForEach Row activity

Inside that you can use click and type Into activity and write as Row(“ColumnName”).ToString

Hope this may help you

Thanks

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

I am not quite sure I understand. You are saying that each time a “1” is encountered, the consequence is that the html will be marked as what? I think you will need to do some more conditions - I am assuming the NRIC is unique?

(post deleted by author)

@Jarrypo

Place a click activity and Indicate the element for the 1st element

Then repeat the same for the second element

Now open in UiExplorer and search if you have aaname or innertext in that, enable those

Now you can compare those two elements selectors and you might see some different into those

Hope this may help you

Thanks

This may not work if the innertext or aaname is not available. Have you tried to use the NRIC as a unique indicator in both tables and update that in the html table using a regex?

Can you send or attach a copy of your file. I cannot work on it today but more than happy to take a look in the morning if this is still an issue.

Try this if aaname or innertext is not available to meet your needs to assign a variable in your selector

1. Translate your xlsx to a datatable and get the count of rows
  2. Read the html as a datatable using extract structured data activity or try data scraping activity to see if you can extract it as a dt. If unable, use a Get Full Text activity. (If you have to use Get Full Text then you will need a regex on this)
  3. If you can read as a Dt translate that to an ienumerable table and try something like this
    ExtractDataTable.AsEnumerable().Any(Function(x) x(“NRIC”).ToString = a variable you establish in a for each loop reading the xlsx file)
  4. Enclose this in an IF activity and each time it is true then do your click activity.
  5. After this click activity reduce your table count established in first step by 1 in an assign
  6. Condition of your DoWhile will be the count you established >0

If aaname or innertext is available;

1. Read your xlsx file as a Dt and in a for each loop assign a variable for your NRIC in an IF statement to find those that are also Status of 1
  2. In the same for each loop attach your html and do your click activity with this as a sample of your selector Right click on your selector and use “Choose Variable” and select your variable from the table.
  3. You will need to do this in an if statement so if it is true then click the correct selection on the html. But your key here is not using 1 alone - you also need the NRIC as it is unique

Hope that helps…Chris

Do you have the uipath file if you do have could you send it , that would be much appreciated.