🗣 Your feedback on UiPath Apps can earn you a certification voucher - ends March 9

Hi Maciej! @loginerror :slight_smile: below are my inputs

What integration to an automation platform are you looking forward to see in UiPath Apps and why?

• Direct integration/native compatibility with Action Center. One such use case of this would be an App/Unified dashboard being used by a pool of users, where they could select a batch of items that will then be routed to an Approval Matrix queued and orchestrated via Action Center. Once approved/rejected/hold, the status will then be reflected back to the unified dashboard in Apps (persisted through Data Service). Let’s say we have a Payment Approval Dashboard built using Apps for Finance users. They would select the payments that are ready to be routed to the approvers who will be doing the approvals through Action Center using mobile.
    For now, this can be achieved by using Robots to create the action center tasks and route back the completion result to Apps/Data Service.

What controls are missing in UiPath Apps and how would you use this new control?

• Control for custom HTML element/code
  • This one, though not necessarily a control but more of a feature - is to be able to search for references on a custom-created variable, entity, data context, etc. This would significantly enhance App maintainability and development productivity

What feature, if added, would provide the most value to your use case and why?

• Ability to multi-select items from table and custom list controls. This would add significant value not only to the use case described above but also opens up limitless possibilities for efficiency and further boosting productivity in such type of use cases where the need for bulk operations arise.

What is the most time-consuming aspect of app-building experience?

• This has got to be the rule/function definition part of building an App. Sometimes you would need to apply the same rules/functions on several different controls. Let’s say you have a ‘Create and Update entity’ on one button and you want this function to also be accessible via other ways to the user, let’s say via click on an item on a list. In the current experience, the function parameters on the rule have to be manually typed-in to the other control, which is not an ideal experience and this takes a significant amount of time if you have a lot of similar instances.
    So the ability to copy-paste/duplicate the whole function or even the rule itself, into another control would be really helpful.

List the capabilities we can improve in UiPath Apps platform

• In my recent experience the main one would be properly positioning the controls in the containers especially when the UI starts to get more complex. There are times that I needed to upsize a certain container for me to fit in a control and snap it in, then downsize it back once it’s there. Although this might look to be a minute part of the App development process, once it accumulates it significantly decreases productivity.
3 Likes