How to avoid finding duplicate/similar text in website?

Hi Everyone,

I’m pretty new to UiPath, need some help here.
I have a variable in which i have name of individuals recorded (string data type) , i’m trying to find those texts in a website, by using send hotkey ctrl+f and search for the person’s name and when found click on it. But bot is not able to find unique records, for example- If I’m trying to find “UAT 5” it is finding and clicking on “UAT 54” as that is listed above “UAT 5” in the website.

How do I correct this? also i have a lot of names in the website which requires scrolling down the page also, that is the reason i was using ctrl+f as it searched the name in entire website.

I also tried this using “find text” activity followed by “click text”, it still found and clicked on “UAT 54” instead of “UAT 5” as “UAT 54” was listed on top and above “UAT 5” and for “UAT 5” we will have to scroll down till the end of page.

Any help is highly appreciated, thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey @Swati4

I feel using CTRL + F may not be an optimal way to do this.

Kindly could you please try using the selector approach please to perform the same with more accuracy. (dynamic selector)

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hey @Swati4 ! As @Nithinkrishna said, using CTRL+F is neither a reliable approach nor a good practice and the ideal would be to follow the solution of using a dynamic selector with these texts that you want to search and then use simulate click to perform the click without scrolling down.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi @gabrielribas4 Thank you for your response. I’m new to UiPath and not sure how dynamic selector will work, could you please guide me here how do I use dynamic selector? My variable-“Individual” (“Individual” is the name of my variable) contains all the names which i want to search one by one and if found click on it, i have a for each loop running for Variable -“Individual”, how do i use dynamic selector here?

Thank you for your help here.

Hi @Nithinkrishna Thank you for your response. I’m new to UiPath and not sure how dynamic selector will work, could you please guide me here how do I use dynamic selector? My variable-“Individual” (“Individual” is the name of my variable) contains all the names which i want to search one by one and if found click on it, i have a for each loop running for Variable -“Individual”, how do i use dynamic selector here?

Thank you for your help here.

1 Like

Hey @Swati4

Kindly first check the UI-Elements selectors for which you need to search for…

Is that common or even that is dynamic ?

Thanks
#nK

For Sure @Swati4 !!! Lets Go! I will give you your solution and then prepare a short explanation about dynamic selectors in another answer.

Let’s get any selector, I’ll get the selector from your name in your answer here in the topic.

Your name selector in your answer is:

<html app='chrome.exe' title='How to avoid finding duplicate/similar text in website? - Help / Activities - UiPath Community Forum' />
<webctrl aaname='Swati4' parentid='post_4' tag='A' />

Let’s say my goal is to click on a dynamic name, which I store in my “Individual” variable.

We can do it as follows:

If you have problems replicating this logic to your scenario, send a message here!!

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Hi @gabrielribas4

Thank you for the detailed explanation. That helped and solved the issue.

Instead of click activity i was using click text activity and was changing selector there, hence it was not working, but when i used “only click” activity, this process worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

One more question I have- If i have three same icon in website (these icons are to expand the sections) but in different locations in the website- as of now im using three click activities one below the other to click all three of them and expand all those sections together. But can this be done at once such that- whereever we have these icons, go and click on all of them at once.

Thank you again for all your help, will mark your above reply as solution.

1 Like

Thank you @Nithinkrishna for all your help here. This is solved now.

1 Like

YESSSSS!! WE MADE IT!!! :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

Could you create another topic with this new question and tag me, please? Since this post has been marked as a solution, I have the following warning!

1 Like

Done, tagged you, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.