Automatically close chrome

Hi everyone,

Regarding UiPath Studio, I have some robots was running well 'til monday last week. There suddenly has a bug is that robot automatically closes chrome in running.

For example: Normally, robot will click to button to open dialog, but now, chrome will be closed when clicking on that (same with another activities not using simulate click). So, the process will be stopped.

My UiPath version is: 2021.10.04 and Chrome version is 98.0.4758.82. I tried to update UiPath Studio version to the newest but this problem still happens. Otherwise, I tried to use basic activities and Modern activities too, but still facing it.

Anyone have any idea about this problem? Please help!

Regards,
Remy

Hello,

Could you please replicate the bug and check the Windows ‘EventViewer’?Look for something within these tabs.

You might find something in there about chrome crashing.

Br,
Alex

Hi! welcome to community!

Have you tried to reinstall the extension? if not reinstall the extension and try to run it again.

Regards,
NaNi

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

So in that case is it happening even when run manually
And what kind of dialog is that

@Remy_Yuko

Hi,

There isn’t any dialog, just closing chrome then throwing error UI Element not found.

Hi,

I have tried but it isn’t change anything.

Hi!

How you’re opening the browser by using open browser activity or clicked on the chrome icon in task bar/Desktop?

Regards,
NaNi

Hi,

I tried to check Windows “EventViewer”, there doesn’t have any log about chrome closing. So weird…

Hi, I’m opening browser by Open Browser Activity.

Hi!

This error causing because of selector issue could you please let us know in which particular activity you’re facing this issue?

open browser won’t give you the UiElement not found error.

After opening the browser are we using any attach window activity to stay intact with the browser?

Regards,
NaNi

Hi,

There is an issue at Click and Type Into activities (Hardware Event). So, I tested with another simple process is click to button to open dialog and input text into field (this field prevent simulate type).

So, the chrome will be closed immediately in the following case:

1. Click into button (not simulate)
  2. Type into (after passing first case by using simulate click)
  3. I click manually in any position at chrome (opened by Open Browser)

These activities is in Open Browser activity, so after chrome is closed by Click Into, Type Into will be thrown the UiElement not found error cause chrome was gone already.

Regards,
Remy

Hi!

In that case could you please try this:

If your click and type into throwing an error. could you please re indicate the elemnt in the particular field or button! and also please open that activity in UiExplorer and attach the snap here. so that we will look in to it make the selector dynamic.

Regards,
NaNi

Hi,

Regarding click and type into, it clicked correctly in the past, from the previous week the chrome is automatically closed (although I don’t change anything). And this click and type into still can click and type normally at simulate type.

Moreover, when I stopped process to re-indicate element at chrome opened by Open Browser, chrome will be closed when I’m indicating element. Otherwise, I cannot do anything manually at this chrome (click, navigate…) because it will be closed immediately in any action. Is there any problem in system?

This is first time I meet this urgent problem (blocking all my robots) over 4 years working in UiPath. I have checked UiPath log and Application log but there isn’t any log related chrome closing.

Regards,
Remy

Hi!

Instead of chrome can we try with I.E or Edge?

if our workflow works fine with the I.E or Edge.

Try to re install the chrome and install the Extension(UIPath) again.

This might help you to solve the problem

Regards,
NaNi

Hi,

Have you checked your ‘Use Browser’ application scope to ensure the ‘Close’ Option in the Options section is properly configured? We’ve noticed odd behavior when this is not set to NAppClose.Never.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi,

Please review the following discuss:

This solved it for me.

I was using Chrome in incognito mode & as soon as the sequence had completed, the browser would close. Selecting ‘Never’ within the close options has resolved meaning i can continue building out the rest of the automation steps. Quirky new bug though!

1 Like