Error message running attended robot: Open Browser: Cannot open the browser: access denied

I installed Uipath assistant on an employee’s computer. I set her up to run a process. The process ran and then the next time we tried it threw an error that it cannot access the browser. I can run this process with no problems. It supposed to open up Edge. Edge is installed on her computer and she uses it normally no issues. Not sure how to fix this problem.

Can you ensure that the edge browser extension is installed

Hi @atarantino,

Can you share with us the screenshot which you’re facing, it would be helpful to solve the issue easier.
Also, ensure that you have installed the extension in the systems by navigating to the Tools section of the Studio.

Regards,
@90s_Developer

@atarantino

Check whether you installed the required extension for Edge?

Hope this may help you

If you installed then share the screenshot of the error

Thanks

Yes it is installed. I ran the process once and it was fine. The 2nd time I ran it I get the error.

@atarantino,

Share the error screenshot which you face.

Regards,
@90s_Developer

fox error

fox error

here is my error

Hi @atarantino

As of my knowledge this error occur when your system user does not have privilege to access chrome , confirm it once again and run the flow

We are using Edge not Chrome. The first time i ran the process it worked with no issues. Not sure what changed. She has access to Edge.

HI @atarantino

If you still facing issue
Open Windows Task Manager, look for “UiPath User Service” application, select and click “End Task”.
after that above process
Run the flow once again & let us know whether your issue resolved or not

Thanks
Robin

I did that and UiPath User Service is not in Task Manager

Kindly check UiPath User Service in Background Process tab
please have a look at below image for more reference

Thanks
Robin

Yes this was tried and still have no success.

@atarantino ,

Can you restart your system and try once.

Regards,
@90s_Developer

@atarantino,

Can you check the below steps and let us update.

1. First, cross check-in your workflow whether have you selected the browsertype and verify it once.

Because by default UiPath takes Internet Explorer to run not Microsoft Edge and you have mentioned in the above replies that you’re using Microsoft Edge then you need to add the extension compulsory in the machine which you try to run and to enable the extension refer to the below thread

If you have not chosen any browsetype, then
2. How has developed and published the workflow is it you or you’re co-worker? If you have published it, then there might be machine connectivity issue. Refer to the thread below,

and follow the steps to create a new machine and connect co-worker’s machine into the orchestrator and allocate the unattended license accordingly.

1. Also, note that the Domain\Username should match the machine’s username (to find out that, search whoami in the respective machine’s CMD)

Try these steps and let us know the update.

Regards,
@90s_Developer

The process was built a few weeks ago and has been running properly when i run it attended from my machine. The selection of Edge has been made and it works just fine (still today as i ran it to make sure after the errors this morning). I’ve already set up my co-worker’s machine in orchestrator, had her sign up for it and connected Uipath assistant with her sign in for Orchestrator. I’ve allocated an attended license to her. She does not develop she only will be running attended processes through UiPath Assistant so she doesn’t need unattended.

Could it be the roles that she is assigned?

@atarantino,

Roles also play a major role while being in the same organization to automate the process through orchestrator, kindly check whether she has the permission to automate that process.

Regards,
@90s_Developer

I’ve updated her role to mirror mine (since it works for me). I will test and see if that fixes the problem.

@atarantino,

Sure👍