Problem with File Exist

Hello everyone, I am currently struggling with a small issue that I need your help with.

I would like to check if a file is in the folder, this file has a date and time in the name, so I cannot determine this part.
In the Path Exists activity I tried Directory.GetFiles(strPathRPA, “open “+”.xlsx”).ToString but it tells me that this file does not exist.

Now the question, is it possible to check something like this without a for Each loop and if so, how?

1 Like

Yep @NHoe

You are already on the right path.

Just include the required date and time in the file name search… which is not included in the above statement.

Thanks
#nK

Hi, the problem is, I only know the date, unfortunately not the time.

1 Like

Hey @NHoe

Kindly try this please Directory.GetFiles(strPathRPA, “open*.xlsx”)

* denotes a wildcard which accepts any chars which is date time in this case.

If you want to include the date in the search you can still add it followed by a * as time is unknown.

Thanks
#nK

Thank you for the advice, I have tried that, but it does not work.

If I enter the following in the Path Exists activity, it works, but if I change it to Directory.Getfiles, it says that this file does not exist.

“C:\Test\open(2022-01-12 15-01).xlsx” = works

Directory.GetFiles(C:\Test",“open(2022-01-12 15-01).xlsx”).ToString = doesnt work

Already this puzzles me.

1 Like
Directory.GetFiles(path, "open(2022-01-12*).xlsx").Count > 0

This is working perfectly fine

I just used star wildcard in place of time.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

@NHoe ,

Try to use this syntax: Directory.GetFiles(“C:\Test\open”+vardatevalue+".xlsx”).ToString
where vardatevalue holds the date value.

Thanks,
@90s_Developer

it works, thank you!!

1 Like

Now I have found out via the check that this file exists. How can I read it into the Read Range straight away?

1 Like

Hey @NHoe

Here you go…

Directory.GetFiles(path, "open(2022-01-12*).xlsx").First 

Pass the above in the read range or excel app scope

Thanks
#nK

Great!

1 Like