Get text generating this error: Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression...Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'UiPath.Core.UiElement'

Hi,

I need help. I’m unable to find a similar issue in this forum that can help. I’m following a course about UiPath (which I am new to) and I’m trying to use Get Text as you can tell from the first image. I’m capturing a hash code online and it seems I’m supposed to save it to something. I tell UiPath to save it to the variable that is supposed to get the value of the hash code, but that generates the error. It seems they are using a different version of UiPath in the course. Can somebody please help or show me a discussion where this has been resolved or something? I’m using UiPath Studio Community 2021.10.3.

Thank you in advance. I am new to this forum, please forgive me if I’ve missed something in reporting this error or something.

Hi @MilTri

Welcome to our community,

We have to give the variable(out_Generatedhashcode) to a property called text in properties panel , the one you are currently using is outputs uielement and that’s what causing the error.

This is the property,

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @MilTri ,

OutputElement is of type UiElement. As mentioned by @prasath_S you can assign variable under “Text” in property panel.
I would suggest you one easy way, as you are new over here. When you doubt the output value type. Give a “Ctrl+K” at “Save to” it will create a variable of desired type by default.
You can see that variable under properties panel as well as variables panel with type of variable mentioned.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @MilTri ,

This is a simple issue, where I hope you have declared the argument in the argument’s panel and assigned it to the Get Text.
Instead of that, in the Save to label,Right click on the save to label and you can say Create Out Argument which will itself create a argument with the required argument or type.

Try it once, if you achieve please mark as solution

Thanks

@MilTri

Welcome to forums

Can you check the variable is also having the same name with UiElement type?

If so remove / rename those

Hope this may help you

Thanks

All right, I’ll try these things out and keep you updated. Thank you for your responses.

Hi @MilTri ,

Kindly try this and you will be able to achieve your result.

Thanks,
@Murli_Manohar

Hi,

I tried putting out_generatedHashCode in the text field in the properties panel and it seems it worked. I can continue with my UiPath course. Thank you!

Hi @MilTri

Glad your issue is resolved, please mark the appropriate answer as solution and close the thread so it may be useful to others in the future.

Thanks

I marked the solution that helped me. Now I’m trying to find a way to close the thread…

@MilTri it will close automatically after 3 days… thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.