Not able to pick values from suggestion dropdown

Hi,
I tried different ways to click a value from suggestion dropdown i.e… dropdown that allows search and choose values from the dropdown. ‘select item’ activity and ‘Find children’ not working.

dropdown
Dropdown: status value

This is another method I tried but not working for me.

Error showing while trying to use ‘Click’ activity and update selectors to set text parameter as variable.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

You can use click activity to click on Dropdown and then again use click activity to click on required value.

Hi @Gopalakrishnan_K ,

Please refer to the below link

Thanks,
Ashwin

It will be useful to select a specific or static value. But it’s not working for selecting a dynamic value, when I need to click different values every time.

It worked earlier but showing validaion error now. I’ll try it again.

Hi @Gopalakrishnan_K ,

Follow these steps,

1. Create a variable which holds the status value.
  2. Use Type into activity & pass status variable.
  3. Use Click activity & identify the value.
    Then, open UiExplorer panel of Click activity & enable the aaname field & pass the status variable to it. Disable if you have any idx or any other field in that attribute.
    Also use these activities are full selector.

Thanks,
Ashwin

You need to add variable in selectors for selecting that values. You can store value in variable and then replace this variable in selector. So every time value changes in variable selector will get change

Hi @Gopalakrishnan_K ,

1. Use Type into Activity and pass the dynamic variable value in it.
  2. Now the suggested dropdown value lists in the top.
  3. Use send hot key “down”
  4. Use click activity to click on selected value from the above step.

Hi,
If I add down key in the ‘Send hot key’ activity, I think it will click only the option ‘Active’ in the dropdown every time and shows an error if any other value occurs. I tried to vary it by adding it as variable but it’s not working. How can i modify it?
send hotkey

Hi @Gopalakrishnan_K ,

Check the selector of the activity and if aaname is available pass the input variable.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Hi @Gopalakrishnan_K ,

1. In type into give value + “[k(enter)]”
  2. In send Hot Key choose the text field and give down button
  3. Use click item to choose the first element from the result.

Attached one sample workflow. See if it helps,

DropdownClick.xaml (11.0 KB)

Hi @Gopalakrishnan_K ,

Are you able to get the solution? If not share the url will look into it.

Hi,
I got the solution after trying to give Type Into and click Enter key in different steps. Thanks for the solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.