Reply to Outlook Email with Different Subject

Hi Everyone,

Is the activity Reply To Outlook Mail Message with different subject already available for UiPath studio users? I’ve checked that this is possible to do in UiPath StudioX but not in Studio for developers.

I already tried to send a new email and include the previous email body thread but the format is not the same.

Thanks.

@mnlatam

It’s not possible to change the subject with Reply To Outlook Mail Message activity. Read Mail subject, Body, To, CC etc… from mail and pass it to Send Outlook Mail Message activity.

Here, subject of the mail should be like this.

"RE: "+MailMessage.Subject
1 Like

Hi @mnlatam,

If you have tried that it’s possible to do in studiox, in that case, you can try using that studiox activity itself in studio by enabling studiox activities from under filter option sign available under Activities panel menu.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

My process workflows was developed from Studio. I just need that particular function. I haven’t tried it yet in StudioX, just checked it was possible based from the docs.

@mnlatam,

It’s okay. You can give it a try. You don’t need to go to studios for this. Studiox activities can be used in studio itself by enabling the option I suggested above.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Starting with Studio 21.10 (Mail 1.12.2) the mail activities designed for StudioX are available in Studio by default, under Integrations category.

1 Like

Its amazing!!

Thank you @ovidiuponoran for sharing these details :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47

We’re currently using Enterprise Studio version 2019.10.2 and can’t seem to find StudioX from the filter. Looks like it’s only available for the version mentioned by @ovidiuponoran.

Hi @mnlatam,

We are on 2020.10.9 version and can see this option.

@ovidiuponoran, Can you please confirm if this feature is not available in 2019 version was added in 2020 v or there is some additional setting that needs to be enabled?

Regards
Sonali

@sonaliaggarwal47 Indeed, StudioX filter options was not available with 2019 version.

Thank you @ovidiuponoran for your confirmation.

@mnlatam, So thats the answer to your question, you are not able to see this option as this is not available in 2019 version.

Regards
Sonali

Thanks for confirming. Do you have other ideas on how I will be able to reply with diff. subject?
Suggested workaround to send new email to reply and append previous email thread in the body has formatting issues as body is in HTML format.

Thanks.

Hi @mnlatam,

I think creating a proper HTML body of new message to include previous thread as well and then attaching that in the send mail should help.

Is this what you are doing already ?

Regards
Sonali