Can't Find The Stable Next Page Selector-Scraping User Review Tripadvisor

Im trying to scrape webpage using “Data Scraping” Feature, but when the robot reach page 2 it always click the wrong button then bounce back and scrape data from page 1 again until the data quantity meet the “Maxnumberofresult”.
I have tried to modify the selector and tried different browser.

This is the selector for next page that by default taken using “Data Scraping feature”(the selector that bounce between page 1 and 2):

"<webctrl css-selector='body&gt;div&gt;main&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;span&gt;section&gt;div&gt;div&gt;span&gt;section&gt;section&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;a&gt;svg' parentid='tab-data-qa-reviews-0' tag='svg' />"

This is the page i want to take “https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297701-d378969-Reviews-Sacred_Monkey_Forest_Sanctuary-Ubud_Gianyar_Regency_Bali.html

Hello @I_Putu_Sadhu_Setiawan

Welcome to UiPath Forums.

I hope the issue is with the selector which you are using. Can you please refine your selector by using the Ui Explorer ?

To do this click on Ui Explorer → Indicate Element and you shall indicate the next page navigation button on the screen.

This will fetch you a list of attributes that can be selected.

Instead of the css-selector, please try to use more reliable ones (say aaname, innertext/parent ID if not dynamic etc). Look for the ones which have the keywords “Next” or “Next Page”. Then copy that to your activity’s Selector.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jesh

1 Like

Hi @I_Putu_Sadhu_Setiawan

Try to Put the below Selector in the next link selector Properties

"<html app='chrome.exe' title='*Tours and Tickets - Tripadvisor' /><webctrl parentid='lithium-root' tag='A' aria-label='Next page' />"

Refer to the xaml below!

dataScaping process.xaml (8.2 KB)

Regards

1 Like

the selector needs to be dynamic to handle that content.

Appreciate if you give some time to mess around and see what works, below link shows the basic steps to go about creating Dynamic Selectors

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

Pls clarify these queries
Where you able to see the data in Preview tab once before finishing the data extraction process

And did data extraction wizard asked for an option to choose next button to extract all the data all pages

Make sure the selector is set dynamic with wildcard symbol *

Because if you can see the data in preview and also chosen Yes for next button with proper wild card symbol, then it must be working fine

Try as per above suggestions and before doing that upgrade your UiPath.system.activities package and UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities package from design tab → Manage Packages → Project dependencies and upgrade those two packages and give a try

Cheers @I_Putu_Sadhu_Setiawan