Font size and font type of an UiElement

Hi All,

We are doing mobile automation and trying to get font size and font type of an UiElement. Please help how we can achieve this task ?

Regards,
Rahul J

Hi

Welcome to uipath forum

Did we try with GET ATTRIBUTE ACTIVITY

Cheers @Rahul_J

Hey @Palaniyappan ,

Thanks for responding. I can see attached attributes available for any UiElement in mobile automation. Attributes1

Regards,
Rahul

Regards,
Rahul

Attributes2

I think we can get under attribute text where we can get the elements like fontsize
@Rahul_J

1 Like

what’s the method name for it @Palaniyappan ?

Hi Rahul

There aren’t properties for font size and font face that Appium supports, so you can’t get those properties.

1 Like

Thanks @phaserescu for responding. So, it means we cannot achieve this in mobile automation ?

No, it can’t be achieved. In the context of a web app there is a call to get the computed css but for native apps there isn’t anything that can be used AFAIK.

A workaround might be, only if you can add modifications to the app in test, to use the content-desc property to put some metadata in like font size and font face and retrieve them afterwards.

@phaserescu

we do have for this also:

a strategy checking attributes like android:textSize or boundaries maybe can help for mobile scenario

Thanks @phaserescu @ppr for your responses . I think I got my answer, getting properties like font size and font type of any mobile application UiElement is not achievable . Please comment if I’m wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.