Hello Everybody, I need some help about running a project without Orchistrator & Studio

Hi,

1. Can I use UIpath assistant without connecting it to the orchestrator?
  2. Is it possible to make a project in my Studio and give someone the nugget packages and run it from another PC, without any tool using orchestrator or studio?

Thank you!

Yes, publish it / transfer it to a machine where the robot component (Assistant / Robot.exe) is installed:

he packages you publish from Studio are saved in the %ProgramData%\UiPath\Packages folder, and become visible in the Robot Tray

Yes as long the robot component is available on this machine

1 Like

So I can not open UIRobot.exe in order to find the packages that are published in Packages folder.
When I click on it(UIRobot.exe), it opens some kind of a terminal and then closes the window right away. As I understood from your answer, when I click UIRobot.exe, it should have shown the process name I have created and then click on it, to run the automation test. Although it is not what it happens. What is wrong?
Thank you!

the most important thing is the deployment to the right location
Lets clear if the robot component is robot.exe OR Assistant

in case of robot.exe

• open it via the tray icon and refer to the process list

in case of Assistant

• open Assistant and refer to the process list

Also have a look to following:

1 Like

Hi

Let me try to put it simple

Yes you can
It’s an interface for the robot you installed in your machine through which you can run and configure robot

Although it is specially designed for attended use, UiPath Assistant doesn’t impose any limits as to what processes you can start.

Then for this

Yes you can publish it locally in your machine and run with robot

Method 1: from the robot

1. create a project in UiPath studio
  2. publish the project to a directory of choice
  3. copy the .nupkg package to the robot machine in the default package directory
    ( in my case thats in C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages\ ). please check your path
  4. after this you should see the project in your robot (tray). You might have to update the package.
  5. when hovering over the package there will be a play button. press it to start the processs
  • Notes: when updating the process (step1 to 3) you might have to update the package. You dont have to worry about version numbers though. The robot will take care of that for you.

Method 2: command line .nupkg package
run the package from the command line. You could also create a .bat file for it which you can start from your desktop
in my case im running 2018.4.2. You have to find the directory where the Uirobot.exe is located

command prompt
cd C:\Users\jvanmarion\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.4.2
UiRobot.exe -file "C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages\SQLConnect.1.0.6949.41289.nupkg"

• downside. Everytime you update your process in studio and publish it, and copy it to the robot machine, make sure you run the correct version of the package in your bat file or command

method 3: commandline xaml file
i wouldn;t use this one, because a user can look into the xaml file, but it works.

1. save the project in UiPath studio
  2. copy the xaml file to a location of choice
  3. copy the xaml file to the robot machine. You don’t have to actually paste the xaml file in the package directory. You can choose the location yourself.
  4. run the project from commandline (the same way as the nupkg package).

command prompt
cd C:\Users\jvanmarion\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.4.2
UiRobot.exe -file "D:\SQLconnect\Main.xml"

Recap:
i would go for the nupkg package, because in that way you know exactly which version is running on the robot

Cheers @vaso

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.