Double.parse error

What are you trying to achieve?

hi @postwick

i have Decimal separator problem with csv file
in the csv file i have : 101,789 and after read it and copy it in excel i have 101789

Hi
have a view on this

@Soudios

1 Like

Hi @Soudios

Try to use the below expression

Double.Parse(ColonneDecimal.ToString, NumberStyles.Currency,System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("fr-FR")).ToString

Regards
Gokul

Don’t create multiple posts asking the same question.

As I said in your other post, it’s Excel formatting that is removing the comma. Adjust the number formatting in Excel to include the , separator.

@Gokul001

ColonneDecimal is a read colum but it doesnt work did i need to put the data table of the hole excel file ?
if yes i have this error

@postwick
how can i do that plz ?

You have something wrong in your activity. Show us your activities, and how their properties are configured.

@postwick

ExcelRempli is a data table

You can’t convert a datatable to a string.

If you don’t explain what you are trying to accomplish, we can’t help you.

@postwick
To copy a csv file into an excel i use read csv and write it in a excel file, this part work well but when i check the result a have a difference on number

in the csv file i have : 102,562 and after copy i have 102562

I don’t understand because i have no problem with 2 decimal only if the number have 3 decimal after decimal point

So i tried to resolve the problem with this code :
Double.Parse( ExcelRempli.ToString, System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(“fr-FR”)).ToString

But it doesnt work

The question is how can i use this code to change all the excel file or at least a column

@Palaniyappan

The problem is from the csv file

It doesn’t work because you are trying to convert a datatable to a string with ExcelRempli.ToString - and this makes no sense.

Again, Excel parses data to try to figure out how to format it. You’re sending it a number and it’s displaying it based on the default number format. Set the formatting of the column in Excel. Converting (parse) the number isn’t going to change this.

@postwick
the problem is when i read the csv file and put it in excel, i already changed the format column in excel and it doesnt work

Refer the below thread @Soudios