Get entire project from nuget file

Hi everyone,

I have a process which the nuget file is uploaded to the orchestrator. The thing is can I get the whole project from just this nuget file? Because my project folder is gone and I need to make changes on the project, any ideas?

I really need help.
Thank you

2 Likes

@jntrk

If you installed that package into BOT machine then you will find it under below path.

C:\Users%UserProfile%.nuget\packages\YourProjectName\

Yeah ofcourse you can

If you have the nuget file with you just replace the file extension of .nuget with .zip by renaming it

It will get converted to .zip

Then you can right click and extract all the project files from that folder and Make the changes you need

Cheers @jntrk

1 Like

@jntrk

Yes, It can be possible, Open with the nuget file by Zip / RaR then you are able to see all the files from there you can also extract the entire project code

Hope this may help you

Thanks

That’s correct @Palaniyappan, just to add

Renaming sometimes gets flagged of that’s a work laptop.

Ideal way is to open in a compressed file Extractor like WinZip and extract the content. Later you csn have the project files you need in the lib folder.

1 Like

Well we are not changing any file setup or configuration
To be simple, a NuGet package is a single ZIP file with the .nupkg extension that contains compiled code (DLLs), other files related to that code, and a descriptive manifest that includes information like the package’s version number

So it works the same way by replacing .nuget with .zip

Cheers @rahulsharma @jntrk

You can just download the package from Orchestrator.

Download the package from Orchestrator, rename it to .zip, open it and look in the lib folder.

Agree @Palaniyappan

But I’ve experienced that issue hence thought of sharing.

Changing the extension of a file was flagged as a suspicious activity. Sounded weird to me too, but happened.

Thanks for the information! :slight_smile:

If you can’t rename it, use 7-Zip - it’ll directly open a .nupkg file without renaming.

1 Like

yes that’s why i propose as a recommended solution.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Wow, thank you all, had no idea that this was this easy :slight_smile: Thanks alot you guys just saved me alot of time.
Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.