Elastic search kibana and uipath orchestrator

How can I connect Elastic search kibana with uipath orchestrator.

I am using UiPath Ce edition

Thanks in advance

Hi @Varun_Dharni,

Cloud Orchestrator as the name suggests will not allow you to automatically connect your Kibana / Elastic search instance to incoming logs nor does it allow you to export logs from GUI.

If you want to use Kibana with Community Edition, there are two ways.

1. Use the the attended / unattended robot logs and forward it to your Kibana instance. Each robot execution generates a log file and log files are named by short date and are grouped by 1 day frequency. You will find log files of community edition in C:/Users/%USERNAME%/Appdata
  2. Use API to get logs from Cloud Orchestrator and save them in a folder. Later forward those log files to you Kibana instance

Why make it so difficult?
Although UiPath offers connectors to Kibana / Elastic search in enterprise version via Nlog, they do not do that to community version. It is understandable as community edition is a great tool and they can give all of the features. In addition, UiPath does want to sell their own product called Insights. These licenses schemes are a maze, lets spare that discussion!

If you want to learn more on how this can be done for enterprise edition, you can read this thread: Logs - ElasticSearch - Help / Insights - UiPath Community Forum

1 Like

@jeevith Thank you so much for a detailed response. How do I connect API with UiPath Orchestrator.

This is something which I am doing for the first time so if you can help.

Thanks Again,
Varun.

Hi @Varun_Dharni,

You can learn more on how to call different endpoints in the Orchestrator API here:
UiPath Connector Guide

I could not find a good enough video on youtube which shows you how to get robot logs. But I recommend you refer to @Cristian_Negulescu, ( for example, Start UiPath Process from Postman ON Premise (Orchestrator API) - YouTube) he goes into details on how to use both Cloud and On-Premises orchestrator APIs using Postman and Python. Learning how to use the API is a good investment in the long run :slight_smile:

Also to experiment different calls you can use the Swagger documentation on your cloud orchestrator or on-premises orchestrator by using /swagger at the end of the url
For example, https://cloud.uipath.com/YourCloudInstance/YourDefaultFolder/swagger

The page will look like this :

3 Likes

@jeevith Thank You.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.