LINQ syntax filter and update lines

Hello,

I have a large datatable and I want to filter it by condition Col2 = “B” and update the resulted lines on Col3 whit “yes”
Col1 Col2 Col3
A B -
A E -
A B -
A D -
A B -

The result:

Col1 Col2 Col3
A B yes
A E -
A B yes
A D -
A B yes

I’m trying to avoid for each or other kind of loop activity.
Many thanks in advance!

@drago47
The LINQ concept is less intended for such an update task. We could do it by following:

• for each activity with filtered input - filtering done with a LINQ
  • Invoke Code
  • A LINQ reconstructing the datatable with also calculated Col3 value

Instead of updating Col3 with a LINQ we can use the Expression functionality of datacolumn

grafik
Expression: “IIF([Col2]=‘B’, ‘yes’,‘’)”

A Benefit is that the Col3 value will always be correct also after Col2 value updates

Find starter help here:
DCExpression_SetConditionalValue.xaml (7.0 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @drago47

Please use the below Linq Expression

(From d In builDt.AsEnumerable
Let u = If(d(1).toString.Trim.Equals(“B”),“Yes”,“”)
Select DtResult.Rows.Add(New Object(){d(0),d(1),u})).CopyToDataTable

Modified the solution provided by @ppr

And also refer the thread below…

Refer to the xaml below!
test.xaml (8.2 KB)

Regards

1 Like

@pravin_calvin , @ppr thanks a lot, guys, for the quick responses! I will come back with feedback and solution!

Brilliant solution! I wasn’t aware of the columns expression method! I have marked @pravin_calvin answer as a solution because I’m more interested in the linq approach. Again, many thanks - simple and elegant solution!
p.s. I’ve read your previous answers on similar topic [LINQ query to update(replace)datatable in uipath] - really well documented.

Thanks for the solution. Is the approach I much needed! Great job @pravin_calvin

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.