How to Convert Time In a Specific Format

Hello good people,

Is there any way to convert a time value for example, 3s to hh:mm:ss format?

More examples,

3s = 00:00:03
4m2s = 00:04:02
1h12m32s = 01:12:32

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me an idea about this conversion.

Thanks in advance!

@AKM_Robinuzzaman

What is the format of the input?
is it a string?

Yes, its a string.

Hi @AKM_Robinuzzaman,

You can create TimeSpan for the desired output type, by parsing your input values into variables.

Let me know if that can work for you.

Hi @sarikayaebru ,

Here my input is in string format. Can you please give me an example of how did you get desired output using timeSpan?

Thanks!

@AKM_Robinuzzaman

You can proceed like this

TimeSpan.FromSeconds(
	(CInt("0"+System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(inputTime, "\d{1,2}(?=h)").ToString)*60*60)+
	(CInt("0"+System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(inputTime, "\d{1,2}(?=m)").ToString)*60)+
	CInt(System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(inputTime, "\d{1,2}(?=s)").ToString)
	)

Output

2 Likes

Hi @AKM_Robinuzzaman

Here, I used regex to parse the string into hour, minute and second variables. You can use “if” for the values that doesn’t exist and assign them to zero.
Edit: example for if
If(not String.IsNullOrEmpty(Regex.Match(inputString,"(?:\d+)(?=h)").ToString),cint(Regex.Match(inputString,"(?:\d+)(?=h)").ToString),0)

cint(Regex.Match(inputString,"(?:\d+)(?=h)").ToString)
new TimeSpan(outHour, outMinute, outSecond)

1 Like

Hi @kumar.varun2 ,

This is working perfectly for me. Thank you so much for your time. Really appreciate it.

Regards,
Robin

@sarikayaebru , Thank you so much for you time. Really appreciate the effort.

Regards,
Robin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.