Adavanced scheduling of Robot

Hi,
Consider i have a situation where i have to run the process on 3rd friday of april,august,september and 4th friday of rest of the months.

Is it possible to incorporate the above scenario in “One Trigger” using the cron expression or any other method?

Hi @JITU99,

Background UiPath uses Quartz implementation of Cron expressions and is a little limited when compared to cron expressions in Linux. So you can trust this website to give you the extact expressions UiPath Orchestrator supports : Free Online Cron Expression Generator and Describer - FreeFormatter.com

Sadly your query cannot be implemented in a single query. You will need two cron expressions (two dedicated triggers). Here I assume that you will run the bot at 00:00:00 hours / 12:00:00 AM

0 0 0 ? APR,AUG,SEP 6#3 * - At 12:00 AM, on the third Friday of the month, only in April, August, and September

0 0 0 ? JAN,FEB,MAR,MAY,JUN,JUL,OCT,NOV,DEC 6#4 * At 12:00 AM, on the fourth Friday of the month, only in January, February, March, May, June, July, October, November, and December

In UiPath Orchestrator it would look like this:

Hope this helps you and others!

1 Like

HI @jeevith
Thanks for the quick response. But i am looking for the possibility of this scenario to be implemented in one trigger.

As I mentioned, you cannot get it to run on single trigger as UiPath Orchestrator does not allow multi-line cron expressions.

I am assuming your process is the same which will run on these triggers, so I do not see any negative having two triggers.

Alternative is to use UiPath API to start jobs
If you are using APIs to trigger the jobs then you can avoid such triggers and let the program which is running your triggers create a custom cron expression.

For example, lets say you have a linux server, you can build all your API calls directed to starting a process in Python and then that python script can be invoked by a cron expression as per your above stated requirement.

This way you achieve a concise cron schedule, which runs a script file that script file starts the job in orchestrator.

API resources:
UiPath Connector Guide

Building your API flow:
You do not have to use Postman, just use ThunderClient. It will generate scripts for you in various languages.

I know this is a lot of information, but as I said your query is not possible with default Orchestrator features.

This was helpful thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @JITU99,

I see you marked the solution incorrectly.

This is also the most requested forum feedback

Main pain point is that it is difficult for others in the forum to find correct solutions. You dont have to mark my reply as solution, but the one which actually cleared your doubts. Please try and avoid marking wrong replies as solution.

I forgot to welcome you before. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.