Clicking multiple excel files in a attach browser

Hi Experts!

Lets say I go into an attached browser in Chrome. After clicking through some buttons I go to a page where there is multiple excel sheets to click on like the screenshot below, how would I tell the bot to click and download all the sheets. This is dynamic other buttons may have less sheets.

Hi @Pranav_KomandurPK

Please try below steps and let me know

Step1: Use datascraping to get the data from that page. (output of Datascraping will be Datatable)
Step2: Use for each row of the Datatable to loop through the datatable and get the excel names from the table.
Step3: you can use click activity and then try passing the name in the selector value,( this helps you to click on download dynamically)

Thanks

I am getting excel files, would I still use datascraping?

I want to download those files and save it on another folder

Hi @Pranav_KomandurPK ,

How you are able to do it manually, downloading all files in one go ?

So when I click on those links I showed in the screenshot, it takes me to the excel worksheet, how would I automate and download all the worksheets and save them in a specific folder

Hi @Pranav_KomandurPK

So as you told after clicking on the link it takes you to excel worksheet, after that how are you downloading the excel manually?

I am assuming I will go to “File” then “Save a copy” then “Browse” and locate it to the specific folder

How would I do this with all the excel worksheets not just one

Try Datascraping that table in the webpage(The screenshot which you have shown)it will have all the excel names, so that you can use that excel names dynamically ( change the name in selector) when you are using click activity.

Try these

Step1: Use datascraping to get the data from that page. (output of Datascraping will be Datatable)
Step2: Use for each row of the Datatable to loop through the datatable and get the excel names from the table.
Step3: you can use click activity and then try passing the name in the selector value,( this helps you to click on download dynamically)

Ok so one of the buttons I go to only has 1 excel sheet. When I try to data scrape that, it gives an error saying “Cannot find al pattern elements” since there is only one worksheet. How would I do it to where it gets the buttons with 1 worksheet and also the ones with multiple (like in the screenshot).

Hi @Pranav_KomandurPK ,

You try below steps:

1 - First download all excel file
2 - Read each excel file one by one from local folder.
3 - For each file read all sheets with the help of activity “GetSheets”
4 - Iterate each sheet and create new workbook for these.

Not sure if i understood your question correctly, let me know if you want this exactly.

Hi,

So I want the bot to download all the files, is there anyway it can do that?

I dont want to manually download the sheets I want the bot to do that

Hi @Pranav_KomandurPK

Try to Datascarping in the webpage which has multiple excel rows, later run that code in the webpage which has only one row of excel (to check if its wokring Or not)

It’s because you need to select patterns when using Datascraping

Datascraping isnt working, is there any other ways?

You have to play with selectors.
Inspect first file line item and check the selectors is it have some row or column value.
If it have then you can increase the counter to download each file on doing right click and save as to folder.

What activities would I use, can you show a visual representation by any chance

Thank you

These are my selectors which ones would I use?

I agree with @ermanoj3101 you have try changing selectors and work around.

When you are scraping the data first select the first line (RUS018)and click on next and select the next line(RUS012) So that pattern is selected