Reframwork concepts

Uipath Reframework concepts

Robotic Enterprise Framework is a project template based on State Machines . It is created to fit all of the best practices regarding logging, exception handling, application initialization, and others, being ready to tackle a complex business scenario.

Total 4 States,

• Initialization
  • Get transaction
  • Process Transaction
  • End Process

What is Initialization?

Initialization all project relevant details in config file. (Ex: Asset, Folder path, excel sheet name, queue name.)

What is get transaction?

Using transaction data and next it will goes to connect with process transaction. In get transaction item is empty it will directly goes to end process, if data is available it will connect to process transaction.

What is Process transaction?

It will process what are all the process xaml file invoked that performance it will do, the again it will check get transaction item is available as usual it will work, if get transaction item is empty it will goes end process.

System Exception

Ex : web automation running in production pc some time site is not responding properly it’s called as system exception, will give alert to end user and email notification, if possible will give sms alert also.

Business exception

Client or Business team day to day basic they will send some file in mail or FTP folder path yesterday file available but today while running the bot relevant business team data is not available in relevant path or mail it called as business exception, that time will give email notification to business team.

The default dependencies in a Robotic Enterprise Framework project are: UiPath.Excel.Activities , UiPath.System.Activities , and UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities

@Vibhor.Shrivastava @Syed_Pasha @vrinda.jain @Lahiru.Fernando @mukeshkala

4 Likes

I find REFramework to be clunky, messy, difficult to maintain, and overkill for most automations. The default strategy of putting everything into separate XAML files is painful. Having to deal with all those parameters etc, passing things in and out, then later trying to find out where a value comes from…

I have a much simpler framework that has error handling, transaction count limiters, notification, etc all built in. It is much more straightforward and is enough to handle every automation we’ve done so far. I built it starting from the included UiPath template for transaction based process.

2 Likes

Hi postwick,

Why I shared this type of explanation reason is beginner and some of them will understand easily reframework concept, that why I given this type of simple explanation.

1 Like

That’s good, because it’s difficult to dive into REFramework without knowing anything about it. I would suggest, however, that beginners shouldn’t be trying to use it - it’s a pretty advanced topic.

1 Like

Could you explain more about your template?

It’s a skeleton I created that handles all these major steps that are common to most automations. Each major step (Sequence) has a Try/Catch in it with error handling already set up. Options are controlled via argument/parameter.

It has everything we need built in, including logging to Excel log files, error notifications, application error limits, you can limit how many it processes, etc.

I’m working on setting it up to run as attended (from config.xlsx file) vs unattended (parameters from Orchestrator). At least until they fix the parameter issues with Assistant.

You just create a new project from this template, add your “process item” steps, and tweak any of the notifications, logging, etc as needed.

3 Likes

Nice work. :+1:

1 Like

Very useful and very well explained.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.