How to save the attachment in a specific folder?

Hello, i need help…
I need to save the download attachment to a specific folder. I tried below but doesn’t work
Can help me see if this code is correct? :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thank u

You can use Save Attachment Activity.

But i am not saving attachment from email. Can use this activity also?

HI @Wendy_wendy,

If you are trying to download a file from a URL & trying to save to a specific location. Try to use this custom activity from UiPath Marketplace:

Hope that helps !

Thanks & Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Hi @Nithin_P , i am getting error…Can u help me see whether i have filled in correctly?

Hi @Wendy_wendy,

In UiPath Studio all String Activity Properties must be enclosed within double quotes.

Hope that helps !

Thanks & Regards,
Nithin

Hi @Nithin_P i tried adding the double quotes, error gone but the attachment still go to download folder instead of specific folder.
Should i add “.exe” behind the URL and File Path link?

Hi @Wendy_wendy,

There is no need to add .exe however you need to know the format of the file to be downloaded and that needs to be mentioned in the LocalFilePath field. I have tested the component by trying to download an image you posted in the original post. You can test this as an example:

File URL: "https://forum.uipath.com/uploads/short-url/5lK3OGUsA4UEEIBG2Mj8a7QNeqs.png?dl=1"
Local File Path: "D:\Projects\UiPath\test.png"

Hope that helps !

Thanks & Regards,
Nithin

How do you find the URL? Do u right click the download link and copy the file URL?
I thought the URL is the portal main page (example “https://forum.uipath.com/” )

Hi @Wendy_wendy,

Here is how I found the direct download link for the image file.

1. Click on the Image
  2. Right Click on Download Hyperlink
  3. Click on Copy Link Address

Hope that helps !

Regards,
Nithin

The method u suggested is it only for specific file? When i check the download link URL, the file URL are different for different files for my case.
Example

The yellow highlight change if i click different download button. So should i replace with * ?

I am trying to use this activity but not able to download could you please share any workflow please I appreciate you

I also haven’t solve this download issue… Waiting for reply

@Eric_Wong_Test Do u know how to save the attachment to a specific folder? (Currently it goes to Download folder) I tried few ways but not working.
I tried this Download File activity, but my FileURL different for each bill, so i can’t paste a fixed FileURL here…

Maybe you can use move file activity
Move the file From download folder to other folder

MoveFile.xaml (8.0 KB)
Something Like that but may be need more time

Or you can go setting to enable it

then when you download the file if will pop up the panel you can type the folder path

1 Like