1.Execute Macro - It is used to execute the Access Macro

Package: BalaReva.Access.Activities
Author: @balupad14

1 Like

obrigado :wink:
thank you :wink:

1 Like

Hi ,
Here I have attached the sample for execute the macro in access.

Namespace

Activity

Properties :

Sample: Access.zip (12.6 KB)

Note:
Let me if you have any errors.
I would be happy to get more suggestions.

Latest Package : BalaReva.Access.Activities.2.0.3.nupkg (12.6 KB)

Regards
Balamurugan.s

1 Like

@balupad14 how can i pass some values to this macro?

Hi ,

I have changed the code that I have attached the package above…

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi Bala,

I have updated your latest version, however i am getting error “Execute Macro: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.”

Please advise me

Thanks,
abhishek

Hello @Jain_Abhishek,

I am getting a similar error. Were you able to get a solution for the error?

Thanks,
Adit

@balupad14

1 Like

Hi @Adit2917,

Can you send me the sample workflow and sample file. It would be very help full to test at my side…

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hello @balupad14,

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to provide the access file that I m using as it contains sensitive information. But I just tried running the sequence that you have attached (which was similar to what I was doing), but it threw the same exception. image

Access.zip (19.4 KB)

Please tell me if I am missing any tiny piece of info over here.

Thanks,
Adit

1 Like

Hello @balupad14

I am getting the same error as above, and also using the newest version (2.0.3). Not sure if maybe it has something to do with the period after the macro name (shown in the error), or possibly a permission issue? Here is the error I get:

RemoteException wrapping System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Microsoft Access cannot find the procedure ‘mcr_append_and_update.’

— End of inner exception stack trace —
at BalaReva.Access.ExecuteMacro.5AAA0()
at BalaReva.Access.ExecuteMacro.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance,
ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager,
Location resultLocation)

1 Like

Hi @tpostier,

Welcome UiPath community !

I understand your problem. If you don’t mind , Can you please send me a sample file to test at my side.It would be very helpful to me to solve the issue…

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi @Adit2917,

I will test and get back to you …

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Sorry, I cannot share the database as it contains private and secure information. Is it possible to find the answer using the file provided from @Adit2917 as it is the same error?

1 Like

@balupad14

I am using your package to execute MS Access macro, and it is working as expected but the challenge is, in my scenario i need to handle multiple pop-ups which are coming after macro execution starts. I have used parallel activity to handle multiple pop-ups but there are some other scenarios in which it is not working.

Can we just trigger macro(control should be released from execute macro activity) and exit(keep macro running) from it without closing access application?

Thanks in advance