Move the file to respective folder using excel reference

HI I can create folders need to move the C column files in to created folders based on excel columns

1 Like

Ok that CFile is path or data you have to store in the text

1 Like

C file is a pdf file move the from root folder to created respective Ccode& Cname folder

ok then C column contain path of the folder right

example as per below the file move to folder

ok can you please share the excel file I have some drought in the excel file then i will give solution for it it was easy defiantly i will give the solution for it

and change the topic feedback to reboot skill or academy learning

you just read the excel file and use create folder using the row i have some sample project of it i will share you in the bellow topic

It was not exact your project it just related to your project if you need the same give me some time i will give the xml file.
UipathLearer-P1.zip (7.2 KB)

@vijayabhaskar1987

Use For Each Row activity and inside use Path Exists activity and in that give the path of file example : D:\ + Row(“CCode”).ToString + “_” + Row(“CName”).ToString

Path Exists output True or False

Use IF Condition and place your logic

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

No i think he want to create folder using excel sheet data and move the file to the folder

@copy_writes @vijayabhaskar1987

If he wants to create the folder when that folder is not exist then why If condition

IF folder exists then no need to create the folder just move the file to the folder

Else he has to create the folder and move the file which he can keep the same in the IF condition

1 Like

Hi I can create Folder need only to move files However I have attached sample excel file
I will check your xaml .
Data_Tracker_16.May.2021_18.XLSX (7.8 KB)

@vijayabhaskar1987 - currently where the file in Column C exists? Is it all under one folder or different folder.

1 Like

HI under one root folder only

Hi @vijayabhaskar1987 ,

Loop through your Data Table and use Move File activity.

what he is asking am also ask the same question where its found

is that present in the root folder then use move file

give the correct path in side move folder simple

Give from and to that’s it

@vijayabhaskar1987

check below, This should in For Each row activity

Hope this may help you

Thanks

2 Likes

@Srini84 for quick checking please provide xaml

@vijayabhaskar1987 - I would suggest to first give it a try based on the screenshot provided by @Srini84 , that way you can practice…

if you get any error or stuck then reach out to us again…

1 Like

@vijayabhaskar1987

Check attached for your reference
MoveFilesTemplate.zip (539.0 KB)

Thanks

1 Like

@copy_writes @Shraddha_Gore
Thank you for your time and suppoet

@prasath17 Thank you very much for your suggestion and I am practicing in the same way and I am getting more knowledge that process
@Srini84
Thank you somuch for the solution.