Unknown space in text

An unknown space/tab character in the text. After inserted into the database , it becomes a normal space.
But the problem is that i gotta take the text from the database and compare to this text for difference. If there is difference, insert into the database. else just leave it. But everytime i run, it has a difference and it is the same space/tab problem. I tried replace tab to a single space, or replacing 2 spaces with a single space and it doesnt work.
The point is this text will be extracted from another system. so i cant change it.

The below code is what i used:

str = System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(str.ToString.Replace("‟","'").Replace(vbtab+Environment.NewLine, " "+environment.newline).Replace(" "+ Environment.NewLine, environment.newline).Replace("\",environment.NewLine), " {2,}", " "), "TAB", "").ToString

This is the example text:

This is bad The space is just after this sentence’s full stop and before today’s date, I just cant seem to get rid of it, which ive been spending too much time on.
15 Apr 2021
Hello Testing 123.
16 Apr 2021

@Username95
Try below

varStr.Trim.Replace("  "," ")

tried is still the same

Hi, try this:

output = System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(your_String, "\s{2,}" , " ")

output = String
your_String= String

Preview link: regex101: build, test, and debug regex

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.